Because 'Straya mate!

Wow, that's bad hail to affect it while its undercover in a car park!
I think he moved it when the hail started, but not before the damage was sustained.

Hail storm in Canberra today had a go at my son's car:

View attachment 444756

View attachment 444757

View attachment 444758

Bugger.
Looks like he wasn't the only one! Forecast similar for Sydney today.

As the mighty Austen Tayshus would say, "let's go, Anna".
It’s about 2m long. Hangs around with a few mates by the surf club at Ferry’s Beach, Port Macquarie. Talking to the locals, it’s the Australian version of Yogi Bear. Turn a blind eye and it nicks your picnic.

At least there‘s no dead roos around. Monitors devour them by entering their Arrse.

Used to be one living under the Hilton in Loki. We'd nick eggs from the kitchen for him. Very laid back bloke but the idiot locals killed him one day while we were out flying.

They'll also kill any lizard, gecko or chameleon they find, utterly convinced they're deadly venomous. Even showing them that the bite is harmless doesn't help. Usual superstitious fuckwittery then kicks in with 'But it doesn't affect mzungus'.

Used to be one living under the Hilton in Loki. We'd nick eggs from the kitchen for him. Very laid back bloke but the idiot locals killed him one day while we were out flying.

They'll also kill any lizard, gecko or chameleon they find, utterly convinced they're deadly venomous. Even showing them that the bite is harmless doesn't help. Usual superstitious fuckwittery then kicks in with 'But it doesn't affect mzungus'.
A monitor lizard bite is definitely not harmless. Their normal diet is dead roos; they burrow in through its arrse and eat outwards so their mouth is full of seriously nasty bacteria.

Yup, but your average skink or gecko can't even penetrate the skin. The bloke in Loki was so laid back you'd sit there with a beer while he wandered around foraging camel spiders a few feet away.

Picked one up on the highway and took him to a local snake park to prevent him being hit by a vehicle. Bugger shredded my seats as a gesture of appreciation.

Yup, but your average skink or gecko can't even penetrate the skin. The bloke in Loki was so laid back you'd sit there with a beer while he wandered around foraging camel spiders a few feet away.

Picked one up on the highway and took him to a local snake park to prevent him being hit by a vehicle. Bugger shredded my seats as a gesture of appreciation.
Not sure I’d describe be a 2m monitor as you’re average gecko. At least Aussies are well equipped for dealing with angry reptiles. BTW this was taken last week, while New South Wales is burning.

I wonder if the snake's name was ALF?

'A family’s beloved cat has been swallowed up whole by a python on the Sunshine Coast.

'Snake catcher Stuart McKenzie was called to a home on Monday morning by a woman who found the two metre long snake sleeping in her garden with a bulging belly. “I took the snake to the local vet and we scanned for a microchip and sure enough it was a family’s pet cat,” he wrote in a Facebook post.'

This is Alf......and those ribs on the roof are 12 inches apart. Outside our son's bedroom.

This is Alf......and those ribs on the roof are 12 inches apart. Outside our son's bedroom.

The joys of living on the Sunshine Coast!

I would rather have the occasional visit by one of those than the fcuking cats that shit in our garden.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not sure I’d describe be a 2m monitor as you’re average gecko. At least Aussies are well equipped for dealing with angry reptiles. BTW this was taken last week, while New South Wales is burning.

Not sure where I described one as a gecko. Please advise.

I was referring to actual geckoes, skinks and lizards the geniuses in Africa regard as highly venomous. For this reason they'll kill them, despite being shown it's not the case.

Latest Threads