Because 'Straya mate!

Just wait. They've been hibernating (to a degree, hotter winter than usual) but now Summer is around the corner which means the little buggers are starting to get active now.

They love coming indoors during a lot, hot Aussie summer. Especially at night.
You must be from the IMMI dept. trying to scare and get me to leave OZ. :)

You must be from the IMMI dept. trying to scare and get me to leave OZ. :)
dammit, he's on to us....

I mean...

The Government is hellbent on cramming as many people into the country as they can get away with. You've got nothing to worry about from that lot of useless bastards.

The critters and the weather conditions on the other hand.....

dammit, he's on to us....

I mean...

The Government is hellbent on cramming as many people into the country as they can get away with. You've got nothing to worry about from that lot of useless bastards.

The critters and the weather conditions on the other hand.....
SYD CBD has changed a lot since the last time I was here.

SYD CBD has changed a lot since the last time I was here.
It's a lot quieter at night, has a lot more pollution at the moment and has trams running again (that last one depends on how long ago you were here last!)

Last edited:
You guys are really scaring me now. I am going to stomp on every one of those "things"
That’s not very civic minded. Best thing to do with them is catch them and take them to the nearest vet, who will forward them on to the Reptile Park in Gosford for milking. We must have taken a dozen in.

Alternative is to take one down to your nearest pub and challenge the locals to the funnel web game.

Basically, sit with both hands on the table. Get someone to release a spider on your hand and chase it up your arm, over your head and back down the other side with a beer mat. You’ll make more cash if your wearing a singlet, shorts and thongs.

Aussies will bet on anything.

You guys are really scaring me now. I am going to stomp on every one of those "things"
They'll leave you alone as long as you don't annoy them.

That’s not very civic minded. Best thing to do with them is catch them and take them to the nearest vet, who will forward them on to the Reptile Park in Gosford for milking. We must have taken a dozen in.
Good to know. Are there any other spiders they are interested in?

Aussie Wildlife 101
Shamelessly lifted from a Billy Connolly sketch. The correct answer is: "who annoys these bastards?"

Jump to 3:40.

Shamelessly lifted from a Billy Connolly sketch. The correct answer is: "who annoys these bastards?"

Jump to 3:40.
Billy would be racing for the nearest supermarket for a bottle of vinegar if he had been stung. It's been a standard piece of beach equipment for lifeguards since at least the 1980's, now supplanted by dedicated sprays.

FYI

If you want to link a Youtube link at a particular time. Fast forward to that point, then right click on the marker and select "Copy Video URL at current time". It'll link the vid starting at the exact time you have selected. You can even manually edit the time in the link if need be.

Last edited:

Latest Threads