Because 'Straya mate!

The NSW RFS is a state agency, why would it receive Federal money, other than via the state government?
RFS funding is a mix of State and Commonwealth. Lots of different programs in the overall budget.

My two penneth on the RFS. Many of the communities that once formed strong RFS contingents are no longer rural. My own community is one; on 10 years it’s gone from being a local village for local people to become a Sydney commuter suburb.

The RFS is well recruited. Whether many of them would or could give up their highly paid city jobs to fight fires in a rural community with which they have no connection is a moot point.

Funded in part via grant.........routinely renewed until recently.
RFS funding is a mix of State and Commonwealth. Lots of different programs in the overall budget.

My two penneth on the RFS. Many of the communities that once formed strong RFS contingents are no longer rural. My own community is one; on 10 years it’s gone from being a local village for local people to become a Sydney commuter suburb.

The RFS is well recruited. Whether many of them would or could give up their highly paid city jobs to fight fires in a rural community with which they have no connection is a moot point.
Thanks both - I'm sure the grant/s will be reviewed.

Sammer

War Hero
You've got time to call people ******* but keep on ignoring the question about the absailing kiwi mate.
It ain't going to go away.
I’d just like to keep the record straight:

I'm a Kiwi.
I abseil.
I’ve never met the fetid sock that is @redshift
I’ve not been to London in nearly twenty years.

You mean you've never listened to 'Living Next Door to Alan'?
I've been working in the Aussie car industry for 15 years now. Met a bunch of people who come from all over Aus as they cycle through various companies.

One of the blokes I've met sells cars to the various Aboriginal services up the top end. About ten years ago, he told me it was great because when government budget renewel times comes around, because they suddenly buy every car they can get with the money they've got, then they drive them till it's out of petrol whereupon they just leave the car where it is and bugger off (probably saving the petrol for something better, like huffing it).

The cars were fitted with trackers, so he just comes along with the spare set of keys, picks the car up and sells it second hand.

Our money at work!

I've been working in the Aussie car industry for 15 years now. Met a bunch of people who come from all over Aus as they cycle through various companies.

One of the blokes I've met sells cars to the various Aboriginal services up the top end. About ten years ago, he told me it was great because when government budget renewel times comes around, because they suddenly buy every car they can get with the money they've got, then they drive them till it's out of petrol whereupon they just leave the car where it is and bugger off (probably saving the petrol for something better, like huffing it).

The cars were fitted with trackers, so he just comes along with the spare set of keys, picks the car up and sells it second hand.

Our money at work!
I;ve heard of a similar thing, from back when mining royalties from the SA uranium mines were being given out hand-over-fist. Toyota Land Cruisers, driven hard for a couple of days, then abandoned when the fuel ran out. Comprehensively trashed in that time too. The 'love media' went to elaborate lengths to insist it was an urban myth.

Only Huntsman spiders, but probably an arachnophobe's worst nightmare.

Social huntsman spiders live together. Picture: Bush Heritage Australia

Social huntsman spiders live together. Picture: Bush Heritage AustraliaSource:Supplied

'Finding a lone huntsman spider in your house is commonplace in Australia. But have you ever thought about why you always see them alone? Is there a massive motherload of a nest hidden somewhere in your house breeding them?'

Only Huntsman spiders, but probably an arachnophobe's worst nightmare.

Social huntsman spiders live together. Picture: Bush Heritage Australia

Social huntsman spiders live together. Picture: Bush Heritage AustraliaSource:Supplied

'Finding a lone huntsman spider in your house is commonplace in Australia. But have you ever thought about why you always see them alone? Is there a massive motherload of a nest hidden somewhere in your house breeding them?'

Stop scarying me mate....only just got here.

So basically give everything a good shake.

Had some basic training from over the visits over there, but now it's full time I guess.
You seem rather paranoid about our critters, are you living out the back of Bourke somewhere?

And currently still living in SYD with fam, so relatively creepy crawly free.
Just wait. They've been hibernating (to a degree, hotter winter than usual) but now Summer is around the corner which means the little buggers are starting to get active now.

They love coming indoors during a lot, hot Aussie summer. Especially at night.

Latest Threads