Because 'Straya mate!

No 'roos tend to enter cars through the windscreen; generally at high speed.
You're right there, that's why I had a 'roo bar fitted to my ute. One night, driving through an Outback area, I hit six more or less one after the other, and I wasn't speeding, just driving at highway speed.

Doesn't need teeth at both ends. Opposable thumbs and a bigger brain than most of the thieves infesting parliament makes them pretty dangerous. They can be a lot of fun though. Ex GF had one who would go up trees and fetch cashews, guavas and mangos for her, but only after he'd had his fill and stuffed himself.

The runny guava pip shits were epic.

A new script for 'Underbelly' coming from gangland Melbourne?

'Multiple people have been shot outside a nightclub in inner Melbourne, police say. The shooting occurred outside the venue near Little Chapel Street and Malvern Road in Prahran about 3.20am on Sunday. A security guard suffered a gunshot wound to the face in what was believed to be a drive-by shooting outside the Love Machine nightclub. The Age reports the shooting took place in what was believed to be a stolen Porsche Cayenne. Three other people were wounded.'

People shot outside Melbourne nightclub
Updated. Drive-by shootings outside a strip club - even more reasons to avoid Melbourne.

'The death toll from a Melbourne nightclub shooting on Sunday morning remains at one, but a second man is fighting for his life. A patron, who was lining up to get into the Love Machine nightclub in Prahran about 3.20am, remains in a critical condition with life-threatening injuries, police say. Earlier, a security guard died after he was shot in the same incident. Two other men were taken to hospital in a serious condition.

'Victoria Police Acting Commissioner Tess Walsh addressed the media this afternoon as the police hunt for the gunman steps up. She said the shooter remains at large but police are looking into whether the shooting involved Middle Eastern organised crime or outlaw motorcycle gangs.'

Prahran shooting: Man dead at Love Machine

Updated. Drive-by shootings outside a strip club - even more reasons to avoid Melbourne.

'The death toll from a Melbourne nightclub shooting on Sunday morning remains at one, but a second man is fighting for his life. A patron, who was lining up to get into the Love Machine nightclub in Prahran about 3.20am, remains in a critical condition with life-threatening injuries, police say. Earlier, a security guard died after he was shot in the same incident. Two other men were taken to hospital in a serious condition.

'Victoria Police Acting Commissioner Tess Walsh addressed the media this afternoon as the police hunt for the gunman steps up. She said the shooter remains at large but police are looking into whether the shooting involved Middle Eastern organised crime or outlaw motorcycle gangs.'

Prahran shooting: Man dead at Love Machine
If you keep avoiding places where there are shooting or stabbings or whatever else, you would have no where to go!

And I like Melbourne!

And I like Melbourne!
But then, you live in Shoreditch.

Melbourne, the arty-farty, latte-swilling, hipster, snowflake capital of Oz.

'The Melbourne International Comedy Festival has stripped Barry Humphries's name from the festival's biggest award, following furore over the performer's comments about transgender people last year.

'Since 2000, the most outstanding show at the festival has won the Barry Award, named after Humphries — but this year the title has been renamed the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Award. The nominees include transgender comedian Cassie Workman.

'Humphries is a household name for his iconic characters Dame Edna Everage and Sir Les Patterson, but last year came under fire for saying that being transgender is "a fashion". "How many different kinds of lavatory can you have? And it's pretty evil when it's preached to children by crazy teachers," Humphries said in an interview with The Spectator magazine.'

Melbourne comedy festival strips Barry Humphries's name from major award

Last edited:
FROM Melbourne.... nothing more needs to be said.

WTF she is doing in Darwin... probably sponsored by NT Govt looking at their budget numbers over the last few years.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Extra sweaty minge effect?

I don't know. Haven't got one.

The NT is busted. Broke. Completely reliant on Federal funding to the tune of $1.5 billion a year.

Young love left her Melbourne artsy 'bubble' and probably spent a week in Darwin. She probably cost $5K in flights. $2K for accommodation and probably scored an NT Govt arts grant circa $10-15K to pull wool out of her front bottom and knit with it.

Drop a mere $20K for arts sake? Compared to the standard $1.5B annual pisstake - it's a drop in the ocean.

Darwin entirely consists of clueless public servants. ADF time servers waiting on their gender reassignment surgery and Long Grass people.

Thank God for the US Marines. #'Straya2019.

But then, you live in Shoreditch.

Melbourne, the arty-farty, latte-swilling, hipster, snowflake capital of Oz.

'The Melbourne International Comedy Festival has stripped Barry Humphries's name from the festival's biggest award, following furore over the performer's comments about transgender people last year.

'Since 2000, the most outstanding show at the festival has won the Barry Award, named after Humphries — but this year the title has been renamed the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Award. The nominees include transgender comedian Cassie Workman.

'Humphries is a household name for his iconic characters Dame Edna Everage and Sir Les Patterson, but last year came under fire for saying that being transgender is "a fashion". "How many different kinds of lavatory can you have? And it's pretty evil when it's preached to children by crazy teachers," Humphries said in an interview with The Spectator magazine.'

Melbourne comedy festival strips Barry Humphries's name from major award

I'm not sure that Barry Humphries would give a shit either way.

I think he's of a similar age and outlook to Terry Gilliam who reckons that Political Correctness is killing comedy.

They'd both be right.

True. Also the blood and assorted digits of the Mighty Hunter who stops and decides to butcher the carcase then cuts off his thumb.

One of the managers did that when a colleague collected a kudu on the way home from a remote site, back in another life working in IT. Still snigger about it at times.