Because 'Straya mate!

I forgot about this gem before YT recommended it. Because not 'Straya, but because QLD. Again.

M'eh.

'In 2018 Jefferies became a citizen of the United States.

'On March 19, 2019, the third season premiere of The Jim Jefferies Show investigated Australian racism in the wake of the Christchurch mosque shootings. The episode included an interview with right wing jewish activist Avi Yemini, who appeared to give radical answers to some of the questions posed by Jefferies.

'Yemini, believing he was being set up, secretly recorded the entire interview. The Jerusalem Post wrote that he proved that the segment was altered by Jefferies and his production team to defame him and later used the segment to try and connect him to the Christchurch shooter.

'The video also shows Jefferies making fun of the Muslim faith by drawing the prophet Mohamed, mocking the death of Muslim children, and notes his stories are edited to make him look good.'

Jim Jefferies (comedian) - Wikipedia

M'eh.

'In 2018 Jefferies became a citizen of the United States.

'On March 19, 2019, the third season premiere of The Jim Jefferies Show investigated Australian racism in the wake of the Christchurch mosque shootings. The episode included an interview with right wing jewish activist Avi Yemini, who appeared to give radical answers to some of the questions posed by Jefferies.

'Yemini, believing he was being set up, secretly recorded the entire interview. The Jerusalem Post wrote that he proved that the segment was altered by Jefferies and his production team to defame him and later used the segment to try and connect him to the Christchurch shooter.

'The video also shows Jefferies making fun of the Muslim faith by drawing the prophet Mohamed, mocking the death of Muslim children, and notes his stories are edited to make him look good.'

Jim Jefferies (comedian) - Wikipedia
I have actually seen that. If true, it's very hypocritical and ridiculous. I posted this as I thought how idiotic this particular Senator was. And every time I look at articles from QLD, it just fits in so well with Florida.

'Ere ya go: View attachment 358914
E2A: I belive there is used to be a small measure called a 'pony'. Lady's drink, obviously.
Was looking for something else on t'interweb and came across this, which gives a fuller explanation, particularly of the smaller sizes.

SIZES BY VOLUME
The most popular beer sizes in Australia include…

• A jug, which is generally 1140ml or 40 fluid ounces and is designed for sharing with your mates.
  • A pint is generally a 570ml (20 oz) glass but in South Australia, it is called an Imperial Pint because they call the 450ml glass a Pint (weirdos).
  • A schooner is a 450ml (15 oz) glass, except in South Australia where it is called a Pint. Schooners are usually served in New South Wales but also exist in Victorian or Western Australian pubs too.
  • A pot is served in a 285ml (10 oz) glass, but it has a variety of other names such as Half Pint, Middy, Handle or Ten. This is a popular option if you are after a quick drink.

The smaller varieties like the 200ml (7 oz) and 140ml (5 oz) servings are less common. We’ve seen them on the road when we buy a tasting paddle at a brewery and that’s about it. The number of standard drinks for each beer size depends on the strength of the beer.

SIZES BY STATE

beer | Our Naked Australia | Page 3

Was looking for something else on t'interweb and came across this, which gives a fuller explanation, particularly of the smaller sizes.

SIZES BY VOLUME
The most popular beer sizes in Australia include…

• A jug, which is generally 1140ml or 40 fluid ounces and is designed for sharing with your mates.
  • A pint is generally a 570ml (20 oz) glass but in South Australia, it is called an Imperial Pint because they call the 450ml glass a Pint (weirdos).
  • A schooner is a 450ml (15 oz) glass, except in South Australia where it is called a Pint. Schooners are usually served in New South Wales but also exist in Victorian or Western Australian pubs too.
  • A pot is served in a 285ml (10 oz) glass, but it has a variety of other names such as Half Pint, Middy, Handle or Ten. This is a popular option if you are after a quick drink.

The smaller varieties like the 200ml (7 oz) and 140ml (5 oz) servings are less common. We’ve seen them on the road when we buy a tasting paddle at a brewery and that’s about it. The number of standard drinks for each beer size depends on the strength of the beer.

SIZES BY STATE

beer | Our Naked Australia | Page 3
A Pony is a tasting glass used in craft breweries which often have an offsales licence but no bar licence. 150ml I think. Usually there’s a whole load of restrictions; you can only buy one Pony of each beer to taste.

A Pony is a tasting glass used in craft breweries which often have an offsales licence but no bar licence. 150ml I think. Usually there’s a whole load of restrictions; you can only buy one Pony of each beer to taste.
I'm sure you're right (now) but I can remember a Pony being a lady's drink in pubs in the early 80s, surely before craft beer in Oz.

Butcher a small glass of beer (approx. 200ml) served in SA. The background to this is that the butchers from the old East End Market used to drop in to the pub in their breaks, but they only had time for a small beer, hence a "butcher"

I'm sure you're right (now) but I can remember a Pony being a lady's drink in pubs in the early 80s, surely before craft beer in Oz.
Vague recollection of strong beers like
Whitbread Gold Label and Barley Wine being called Pony’s in the UK. They were sold in small tins, probably 150ml.

Interestingly the pony glasses used by the craft breweries in NSW are required by law but aren’t actually made anymore. Mate of mine who has a micro-brewery bought all of his from an old people’s home where they had been used for water.

It may be now, but 30 years ago it was the size of choice for many older drinkers. An older work colleague and I went for a session, where I observed it was unfair that he was drinking '5s' (pony) to my pots (10 fl.oz). He agreed, and took 2 5s to my one pot; I was slaughtered within about an hour and had to be poured into a taxi.

Back in the 70s UK, a pony was a small bottle of sweet, cream sherry. Billed as the "the little drink with the big kick" in the days when Babycham (with a cherry) was popular.
1554290426192.png

On the subject of Australian politicians, the former federal Minister for Schools and Education (Gillard Government) has announced two major engagements this year.

At least one former Aussie climate change nazi poli fucks off and does something useful. Why Thiroul though; it’s a dump. If they come to the Ocean Beach Hotel I’ll go.....last seen at Cronulla in 96 when they were ace.

https://www.frontiertouring.com/midnightoil

Last edited:
Back in the 70s UK, a pony was a small bottle of sweet, cream sherry. Billed as the "the little drink with the big kick" in the days when Babycham (with a cherry) was popular.
View attachment 385896
Babycham is actually a Perry (or Pear Cider) isn't it? Makes one wonder what it has to do with Sherry, which is traditionally a fortified wine made from grapes from Jerez in Andalusia.

Last edited: