Because 'Straya mate!

Coz the government will get a fortune for charging for smilies on peoples rego plates and people will pay for it.

Same reason why they brought in the personalised colours for rego plates.
I know that but do people think they are cool and not realise they are a complete cunt having them. My parent have a personilsed number plate in the UK but there its one off and pay to transfer onto a new car, NSW its pay ever year. Fuckwits

Im pretty much sure you do not understand Queensland to compare it to California. This is where Pauline Hanson comes from and Clive Parmer and have been voted in to parliament by the residents.
Hmm, you're right. Of course California would never elect some complete muppets to positions of power (Sonny Bono and Arnold Schwarzenegger both held elected positions in guess which state)

Normal service resumed. The video shows the strength of the python; by way of size comparison, a currawong is a bit bigger than a jackdaw.

'A homeowner was left horrified after spotting a terrifying scene playing out before her on top of her house in northern New South Wales. Cathy Gall was left shocked when she spotted a python wrapped around her TV aerial with a bird dangling from its jaws. The unnerving scene was filmed in Kingscliff and shows the huge snake stretching off the antenna and attempting to drag the bird towards it.

'Ms Gall posted the horrifying video to Facebook group Kingscliff Happenings, with the caption: “Never seen this before … python trying to eat a currawong on our antenna.” She later confirms that the snake did eventually manage to get the best of the bird. “Happily eating it now on our roof, nature in your face.” '

RUSH HOUR: Horror find on Aussie roof
Horror?! It's a fucking python FFS! Bloody woman really needs to get out more. Either that or the journo needs a hoof in the balls.

I have just realised that my above post may be seen as an excuse for the child abuse that is occurring in the Aboriginal communities in outback Australia. Far from it. Nothing can excuse the gross levels of abuse that is occurring there.

In 2006 the Crown Prosecutor in Alice Springs publicly released a report she had written for the NT Police following the realisation that every case file sitting on her desk concerned the physical or sexual abuse of children in Aboriginal communities. She was persuaded to go public with the report which was a very brave decision as it meant the end of her career in her present position. She knew the report would otherwise be buried. To give an example of the type of cases one involved the drowning of a 7 year old girl by a 15 year old boy who was trying to have **** sex with her whilst under the influence of drugs while swimming in a river.

The level of sexual activity (both abuse and consensual) in Aboriginal communities in the outback is massive. Children are being sexualised from a young age; white contractors working in the communities reported being approached by pre-teen children offering themselves for cigarettes; while I was living in Tennant Creek the police closed a brothel started by two Aboriginal girls, one was 15 the other 18. They intended offering their services to the truckies passing through on their way to Darwin.

Prior to living in Tennant Creek I was in Darwin and one of my charters was to take the magistrate and his staff to Borroloola for a 2 day sitting of the court there. Borroloola is on the south west corner of the Gulf of Carpentaria and is primarily an Aboriginal community but also a small white community so it is wet (able to buy/drink alcohol). On the first night there is a dinner hosted by the magistrate for all associated with the running of the court; prosecutors, defence lawyers, probation and parole staff, court clerk etc. As some may recall before I went to aviation I had worked as a lawyer and this fact had became known to the magistrate.

He explained that he had a sentencing problem; an 18 year old Aboriginal boy had been having consensual sex with a 15 year old girl. The girl had been sexually active with a number of the boys friends and he saw no reason why he shouldn't enjoy her favours as well. The problem was that he was of a different skin group to her and her parents objected and reported the matter to the police. Skin groups were how traditional Aboriginal culture avoided the problem of inbreeding.

The magistrate explained that if the boy had been white then it was straight forward. However, this boy did not know he was doing anything wrong, according to law, had grown up in a community where sexual activity was public entertainment and very available. He did not know why he was in trouble with the police. If the magistrate sentenced on that basis he would be howled down by the do-gooders in Darwin for not protecting vulnerable children but in terms of justice it would be very wrong. I don't know how it was resolved

The case raises an issue with the Aboriginal culture and that is the traditional respect for the elders and their authority has broken down. The young don't feel constrained by the traditional authority of the tribal elders any more which is why the two young people in the case I mentioned felt they could ignore their skin group. The intervention by the Commonwealth Govt in 2007 was only partially effective because it was a one stop answer to a problem that required multiple solutions. It was cheap way for the government to say it was dealing with the problem whereas they weren't.

In north-eastern Arnhemland there is probably the best example of a success story. The Yongu People in that region are fortunate to have a manganese mine located on the Gove Peninsula which pays them a substantial royalty every quarter. They are also fortunate to have had for many years as their local leader Gallaruay Yunupingu. He saw the damage being done by having no work and used the royalty money to establish Aboriginal enterprises, many of which have succeeded. Whilst the region still suffers its problems they are nowhere near as acute as in the rest of the NT. It should be used as an example for the rest of the area but the Commonwealth Govt has always worked on the premise, "out of sight, out of mind".
A very informative post, thank you.

Obviously there will now be repercussions as several members of this site relocate from Thailand to Australia.

Apparently the scenery is idyllic.

A very informative post, thank you.

Obviously there will now be repercussions as several members of this site relocate from Thailand to Australia.

Apparently the scenery is idyllic.
LOL - obviously they haven't heard of the astronomical rates of VD rampant in these communities, some of which are approaching the untreatable variety. There used to be a joke among the aviation community in the NT that if one was tempted to get ones "black wings" then you should use two condoms with chilli paste between them. That way one of you will know if a condom has broken.

Seriously, if one was ever considering living in an indigenous community in Central Australia you would have to be around the bend mentally. It is seriously hard country and it affects those who live there. Better they stay in Thailand.

Could someone have interfered with your luggage before boarding this flight, madam? Oh, No sir.

'An Australian snake is a long way from home after hitching a ride in a woman’s bag on her flight home to Scotland. Moira Boxall discovered the spotted python coiled inside one of her shoes as she was unpacking her suitcase once she had returned home from her trip to Queensland.'

RUSH HOUR: Horror find in shoe after Australia trip

Could someone have interfered with your luggage before boarding this flight, madam? Oh, No sir.

'An Australian snake is a long way from home after hitching a ride in a woman’s bag on her flight home to Scotland. Moira Boxall discovered the spotted python coiled inside one of her shoes as she was unpacking her suitcase once she had returned home from her trip to Queensland.'

RUSH HOUR: Horror find in shoe after Australia trip
A rule I learned in OZ - always bloody look in your shoes.

In NSW at the moment, the colourised number plates cost $275 when ordering them, then $440 annually.

Apparently, the QLD emoji licenses plates will cost between $160 to $500 dollars. Not sure if that is a one-off or annually.
Currently, you purchase a QLD Vanity Plate, of whichever style and cost, and it’s yours for ever to display as long as you have current rego ...

Currently, you purchase a QLD Vanity Plate, of whichever style and cost, and it’s yours for ever to display as long as you have current rego ...
How do number plates work in OZ? In the U.S. the plate stays with the owner - so you change cars - you keep the plate(s) (vanity or regular). In the UK, apparently it stays with the car? Maybe you can keep the vanity one - not sure.

I also said plate(s) as in some states you don't need a front plate - so while I was living in MI, my cars only had rear ones.

In NZ it's$130 to buy.
I wanted to get IM A RAM on mine and IM A EWE for me and SWMBO.

Luckily sanity prevaled.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blonde_guy Sports, Adventure Training and Events 13
Auld-Yin The Book Club 0
redshift The NAAFI Bar 19