Because 'Straya mate!

I haven't seen NT news in a long ass time but this is horrible, if true.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place in regards to Aboriginal child abuse. Thanks to the Missing Generation, any move to try and help these kids is instantly seen by the SJW's as Aboriginal Oppression and Eradication.

Last edited:
Stuck between a rock and a hard place in regards to Aboriginal child abuse. Thanks to the Missing Generation, any move to try and help these kids is instantly seen by the SJW's as Aboriginal Oppression and Eradication.
It's a fucking shit show with no easy answers - apart from common sense ones. Which the politicos seem to lack.

I am really appalled with the whole thing though. Forget SJWs, forget everything else, just think about the scenario - it's just very uncivilized.

It's a ******* shit show with no easy answers - apart from common sense ones. Which the politicos seem to lack.

I am really appalled with the whole thing though. Forget SJWs, forget everything else, just think about the scenario - it's just very uncivilized.
I'm with you on that one. I keep thinking "F**k it, just take the kids and tell the SJW's to immolate themselves on the steps of Parliment House if they want to protest".

Common sense is fast becoming Uncommon sense.

Wasn't quite sure whether to post this here, or in the snowflake thread. Outback dirt roads are dangerous, particularly if you're an overseas tourist unused to local conditions: who'd have thought!

While I have sympathy for the tragedy that is loss of young life, the call for a requirement for a taxpayer-funded authority to spend money on an activity that at minuscule minority of those taxpayers would benefit from is pretty unrealistic.

'In November 2017, British backpacker Bradley Challis was travelling the world with his friends when they arrived in Darwin with plans to roadtrip thousands of kilometres down to Perth. The group of three mates hired a Wicked campervan and started the trek south, eventually arriving at the gateway town of Halls Creek in Western Australia. The friends made it fine to Wolfe Creek crater, camping there the night before turning back onto the unsealed Tanami Road but their return would prove fatal.

'Since the promising engineering student’s death, Bradley’s mother Sally has been campaigning for the notorious road to be upgraded. “When you actually come down there and drive that piece of road yourself, you think ‘this is really dangerous’,” Ms Challis told the ABC. “It’s just not safe, and certainly not for 22-year-old driving down in a campervan. “Bradley was a good driver, he’d been driving since he was seventeen — he’d driven off road and things like that in England before. “I think this is a different sort of thing — it’s a really, really long road that just keeps going and going.”

'The campervan driven by the boys was a 2WD drive, a car that would’ve struggled to properly grip the unsealed road.'

Deadly road in real Wolf Creek horror

/\ or even the Darwin thread. Sorry the young men died, but it was their own fault.

Think of it as evolution in action.

And I agree withith you @SkippedOnce , upgrading thousands of kilometres of road for one unfortunate but dumb incident is just plain daft.

I wouldn't like to try that road unless in a convoy of 4 tonner Bedford gun tractors ( they have bloody good winches and plenty of storage for water and POL)

'MS Challis told ABC'... Sorryyy. My unconscious bias kicked in there.. no Shit treacle, a really long unmetalled road in the middle of Australia? Who would have expected THAT. Cos rural outback Australia really is just like Dorset isn't it?

'MS Challis told ABC'... Sorryyy. My unconscious bias kicked in there.. no Shit treacle, a really long unmetalled road in the middle of Australia? Who would have expected THAT. Cos rural outback Australia really is just like Dorset isn't it?
Well the student's learnt a lesson. In a very unfortunate way. I really do feel for the parents. I actually hate myself for just typing this out, but if you are an engineering student, you should've know better mate.

Common sense for a change.

'A frustrated farmer who fired shots after vegans filming his grazing calves refused to leave his rural WA property will not be charged by police.

'7 News, which first reported the story, late Friday night confirmed police had ruled out charges against Jason Parravacini over the incident captured in now-viral video.
James Warden, outspoken vegan and member of activist group Direct Action Everywhere, was parked outside Mr Parravacini’s home and farm in Harvey, 140km south of Perth. When Mr Parravacini approached the activist, the two began a heated interaction.
In the video, Mr Warden asks Mr Parravacini questions about the calves, to which the farmer responds, “It’s none of your f***ing business. Like you told me”.
Mr Parravacini then asked Mr Warden to stop filming before yanking the keys from the ignition of the car, according to 7 News.
A scuffle then ensues between the two, with the farmer swearing at the activists, “You get the f*** out of my place”.'

Shots fired as farmer and vegans clash

Common sense for a change.

'A frustrated farmer who fired shots after vegans filming his grazing calves refused to leave his rural WA property will not be charged by police.

'7 News, which first reported the story, late Friday night confirmed police had ruled out charges against Jason Parravacini over the incident captured in now-viral video.
James Warden, outspoken vegan and member of activist group Direct Action Everywhere, was parked outside Mr Parravacini’s home and farm in Harvey, 140km south of Perth. When Mr Parravacini approached the activist, the two began a heated interaction.
In the video, Mr Warden asks Mr Parravacini questions about the calves, to which the farmer responds, “It’s none of your f***ing business. Like you told me”.
Mr Parravacini then asked Mr Warden to stop filming before yanking the keys from the ignition of the car, according to 7 News.
A scuffle then ensues between the two, with the farmer swearing at the activists, “You get the f*** out of my place”.'

Shots fired as farmer and vegans clash
The vegan activist showed up on Perth radio the next day describing the whole event and the reasons for it in such whiny, emotion-drenched terms that the usually soft-left ABC host gave him a serve. Then the callers-in started, with the few supporters of the activism having the same unassailable self-righteous absolutist tone and seemed very surprised when the rest of the callers were derisive of their position.
Seems these are the same crowd who have taken to invading steak house restaurants to harangue diners. They've got away with these stunts so far because people have remained seated, not sure what's going on. But I suspect the jig is now up, and the pencil-necked dweebs will receive a much more spirited reception should they try such a thing again.

The cotton industry has utterly destroyed the Murray Darling. It’s too late, no matter how many controls are in place now, the damage has been done.

Beats me why we grow cotton. Hemp grew naturally along Australia river banks, on watersheds and on flood plains. It used about 1/5th the water and produces more fibre. It was ripped out in the 50s at the behest of the cotton lobby.
A very sad state of affairs. Australia has always been a marginal factors, boom-bust place, whether financially, economically or climatically: the (bush) turkeys are coming home to roost.

'About $8.5 billion has been pumped into saving the Murray-Darling Basin from environmental disaster, but this staggering amount of money seems to have had no effect.

'Despite the billions being paid to farmers and irrigators to buy back water as well as funding for infrastructure and other measures, a new report has found the Basin Plan has not improved water flows since it was implemented in 2012. A study released by the Wentworth Group of Concerned Scientists this week found water flows were similar to or even worse than before the Basin plan was introduced, even though conditions were relatively wet between 2010-2018.'

$8.5 billion in spending has had no effect

Were they expecting to find him in dismembered bits?

'A man has survived a shark attack after being bitten on the leg on the NSW far-north coast, which has led to the closure of the beach.

'According to The Northern Star, four ambulance crews rushed to the man for treatment before being transported by the Westpac Rescue Helicopter service.'

Beaches close as shark attacks surfer near Byron Bay

I lived in Tennant Creek for 14 months while doing a job flying patients for the Tennant Creek hospital. The town is deeply divided between the Aboriginal and white communities, although, there was some mixing. On several occasions I had to travel from Alice Springs to Tennant Creek on the bus which arrives (if it is on time) at 01:15. It was not uncommon to see young Aboriginal children (<10 yo) cycling around the streets at that time.

Nearly all of the Aboriginal children I flew as patients were alcohol foetal syndrome affected. A guardian had to accompany the child on the flight but rarely was that a parent of the child. It was usually an extended family relative. I say nearly all but there were exceptions. One 8 yo girl with internal problems had her father accompany her and all of the family came to the airport to see her off.

Because these flights were aero-medical they required a nursing sister or doctor to be on-board as well, mostly nursing sisters. I got to know them well and they told me of some of the health issues rampant in the Aboriginal communities in and surrounding Tennant Creek. VD was rampant, HIV was on the increase and this was on top of renal failure and other assorted health issues linked to life-style.

The simple problem in these Aboriginal communities is boredom. Week after week they receive a government hand-out (in the local patois, "sit-down money") but nothing in the way of work. Now, I don't care what nationality or race you are, when there is year after year of nothing to do it creates a pressure that leads to very abnormal behaviour of the kind reported.

There did appear to be a ray of light in all this. The young women were getting an education and starting to take a leading role in their communities. There are also training programs being established to turn out stockmen again as the huge properties in the NT are finding that reliance on automation is expensive and hard on cattle. However, there is approximately two generations who have wiped themselves out on alcohol and drugs and it will take at least that time to get some semblance of normality back.

As a final comment, there is a monumental divide between urban and outback Aborigines. The spokespeople for the Aborigines are mainly from the urban Aboriginal community and they know 'eff all about the outback mob. Quick story to illustrate; I was working in Tennant Creek on "Sorry Day" when the then PM, Rudd, said "sorry" in parliament for the past misdeeds and the stolen generation. A female elder from a community about 100 miles south east of Tennant Creek was asked what she felt about the news. Her response was that it didn't affect her as she was black and always had been. Meanwhile the Aboriginal elders in parliament that day were all over the media about the significance of it all.

I have just realised that my above post may be seen as an excuse for the child abuse that is occurring in the Aboriginal communities in outback Australia. Far from it. Nothing can excuse the gross levels of abuse that is occurring there.

In 2006 the Crown Prosecutor in Alice Springs publicly released a report she had written for the NT Police following the realisation that every case file sitting on her desk concerned the physical or sexual abuse of children in Aboriginal communities. She was persuaded to go public with the report which was a very brave decision as it meant the end of her career in her present position. She knew the report would otherwise be buried. To give an example of the type of cases one involved the drowning of a 7 year old girl by a 15 year old boy who was trying to have anal sex with her whilst under the influence of drugs while swimming in a river.

The level of sexual activity (both abuse and consensual) in Aboriginal communities in the outback is massive. Children are being sexualised from a young age; white contractors working in the communities reported being approached by pre-teen children offering themselves for cigarettes; while I was living in Tennant Creek the police closed a brothel started by two Aboriginal girls, one was 15 the other 18. They intended offering their services to the truckies passing through on their way to Darwin.

Prior to living in Tennant Creek I was in Darwin and one of my charters was to take the magistrate and his staff to Borroloola for a 2 day sitting of the court there. Borroloola is on the south west corner of the Gulf of Carpentaria and is primarily an Aboriginal community but also a small white community so it is wet (able to buy/drink alcohol). On the first night there is a dinner hosted by the magistrate for all associated with the running of the court; prosecutors, defence lawyers, probation and parole staff, court clerk etc. As some may recall before I went to aviation I had worked as a lawyer and this fact had became known to the magistrate.

He explained that he had a sentencing problem; an 18 year old Aboriginal boy had been having consensual sex with a 15 year old girl. The girl had been sexually active with a number of the boys friends and he saw no reason why he shouldn't enjoy her favours as well. The problem was that he was of a different skin group to her and her parents objected and reported the matter to the police. Skin groups were how traditional Aboriginal culture avoided the problem of inbreeding.

The magistrate explained that if the boy had been white then it was straight forward. However, this boy did not know he was doing anything wrong, according to law, had grown up in a community where sexual activity was public entertainment and very available. He did not know why he was in trouble with the police. If the magistrate sentenced on that basis he would be howled down by the do-gooders in Darwin for not protecting vulnerable children but in terms of justice it would be very wrong. I don't know how it was resolved

The case raises an issue with the Aboriginal culture and that is the traditional respect for the elders and their authority has broken down. The young don't feel constrained by the traditional authority of the tribal elders any more which is why the two young people in the case I mentioned felt they could ignore their skin group. The intervention by the Commonwealth Govt in 2007 was only partially effective because it was a one stop answer to a problem that required multiple solutions. It was cheap way for the government to say it was dealing with the problem whereas they weren't.

In north-eastern Arnhemland there is probably the best example of a success story. The Yongu People in that region are fortunate to have a manganese mine located on the Gove Peninsula which pays them a substantial royalty every quarter. They are also fortunate to have had for many years as their local leader Gallaruay Yunupingu. He saw the damage being done by having no work and used the royalty money to establish Aboriginal enterprises, many of which have succeeded. Whilst the region still suffers its problems they are nowhere near as acute as in the rest of the NT. It should be used as an example for the rest of the area but the Commonwealth Govt has always worked on the premise, "out of sight, out of mind".

Unfortunately Baron Boy has described all too accurately the state of many Aboriginal communities. Any attempts by the authorities to intervene are immediately discredited by the left and urban dwelling aboriginal activists. The people like Bess Price and her daughter Jacinta Price, from Alice Springs who advocate intervention dry zones no sale of alcohol etc , both of whom represent the Country Liberal Part ( right of centre) are howled down and called uncle toms and race traitors by the activists. "When Aboriginal women in Central Australia ask for help, when they are killed, raped and beaten, when they cry for their abused children, you ignore them and you support those who are oppressing them. When the government tries to do something for them you call them racist and you blather on about the UN."

The comments of people like this need to be acted upon not ignored because they are not trendy, until Government gets the moral courage to do this nothing will change unfortunately

Because, 'Strayan spiders.
The Redback is related to the US Black Widow. Neither of them has lethal venom, but having said that, having been bitten by a Redback myself, I can say while they might not kill you, they surely might make you wish they had.

The Funnel Web spider though, can and will kill you, so I think they should put the Redback in a less than lethal capacity.

Normal service resumed. The video shows the strength of the python; by way of size comparison, a currawong is a bit bigger than a jackdaw.

'A homeowner was left horrified after spotting a terrifying scene playing out before her on top of her house in northern New South Wales. Cathy Gall was left shocked when she spotted a python wrapped around her TV aerial with a bird dangling from its jaws. The unnerving scene was filmed in Kingscliff and shows the huge snake stretching off the antenna and attempting to drag the bird towards it.

'Ms Gall posted the horrifying video to Facebook group Kingscliff Happenings, with the caption: “Never seen this before … python trying to eat a currawong on our antenna.” She later confirms that the snake did eventually manage to get the best of the bird. “Happily eating it now on our roof, nature in your face.” '

RUSH HOUR: Horror find on Aussie roof