Because 'Straya mate!

Mate I live in rural NSW "fair dinkum" is quite normal
Haha...I live in an Aussie flat here in London and over the course of last 2 weeks never heard it. I know about it and all but even over my numerous trips to OZ never actually come across anyone say it.
I left Oz in 2000, even back then, when in the cities or coastal Oz, you hardly heard it. But as a Interstate trucker, when delivering to rural or the outback, it was quite common to hear “traditional” Aussie slang.
Mongrel, Gallar, fair dinkum, she’ll be right, it was all common language.
Aussie slang has been diluted the same way as “Cockney rhyming slang” has nearly disappeared, immigration.

I left Oz in 2000, even back then, when in the cities or coastal Oz, you hardly heard it. But as a Interstate trucker, when delivering to rural or the outback, it was quite common to hear “traditional” Aussie slang.
Mongrel, Gallar, fair dinkum, she’ll be right, it was all common language.
Aussie slang has been diluted the same way as “Cockney rhyming slang” has nearly disappeared, immigration.
Agreed; 'globalisation' of the English language and the demise of patois all aided by the huge amount of US television shows available which have replaced 'home grown' product.

Language does change and it’s not all snow flakery. Terms that were in daily use in Australian English even 20 years ago are disappearing; when was the last time you heard someone use “Fair Dinkum” or end their sentence with “But” instead of though?
You’re absolutely correct about language changing. A few years ago Iw was driving across New Mexico on the I10 heading for Arizona, when an official roadsigm stating “ Dust storms may exist “ almost threw me into an existentialist crisis.

Mate I live in rural NSW "fair dinkum" is quite normal
I live in NSW, but not rural; Central Coast beach suburb. But I do spend a lot of time up around Tamworth. The language that was normal even ten years ago is dying amongst the young.

My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, I’m going to die, I’m refuse to “pass”. I want people to say I’m dead. Brown fucking bread. Any fucker that says I passed, I’ll haunt.

You’re absolutely correct about language changing. A few years ago Iw was driving across New Mexico on the I10 heading for Arizona, when an official roadsigm stating “ Dust storms may exist “ almost threw me into an existentialist crisis.
There sure are a ton of roadsigns which are supposed to inform you of things but really don't make much sense for a driver traveling at X mph.

Some of them might as well be " you're going to die!" for all the sense they make.

"She'll be right", "Avro", "Smoko", "Bugger", "Sweet as" are all in common use in NZ (Godzone)

Remember the Ad for the HiLux that got banned in NZ. Oooh Bugger!!!
I do remember the ad, but it wasn't banned. There was a complaint laid as to the use of "obscene" language, but the court threw it out, saying that in the context used, it was a perfectly ordinary kiwi (and probably Aussie) phrase in common usage.
They actually played all the "bugger" Hilux ads a few years ago on TV.

It is not the lack of rain killing the fish, the cotton farmers taking more than their allocated quota,s of water out of the Murray Darling River,and govt does nothing about it, Also Cotton is a very care intensive crop, needing humoungous amounts of fertiliser and chemicals and insecticides, most of these are delivered by arial spraying, and it leaches into the groundwater, poisoning everything, when you consider that the main defoliant they use is the same recipe as Agent Orange,lots of beef farmers have had their cattle contaminated by wind drift catching the chemical spray, but Hey thats STRAYA:cool:
One thing they did get right was to forbid, with so far as I know, extremely few exceptions, the use of underground water (artesian bores, or aquifers in the US) for irrigation. Such water can only be used for livestock or domestic purposes. That wasn't done in the US, and as a consequence, they are now seeing many of these aquifers drying up.

Good skills!

'A vintage plane avoided campers and a nearby golf course to make a stunning emergency landing on a NSW beach on Sunday morning. Charlotte Zeederberg was flying alongside two other vintage planes when her her 1942 Tiger Moth experienced engine issues and she was forced to land on Blacksmiths Beach near Newcastle.'

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ncy-landing-on-nsw-beach-20190210-p50wvw.html

"She'll be right", "Avro", "Smoko", "Bugger", "Sweet as" are all in common use in NZ (Godzone)
These are all words I know, heard and having being around the Antipodeans for so long now snuck into my vocab. My vocab is so messed up new people don't know what to think of me when they meet me for the first time.

I do remember the ad, but it wasn't banned. There was a complaint laid as to the use of "obscene" language, but the court threw it out, saying that in the context used, it was a perfectly ordinary kiwi (and probably Aussie) phrase in common usage.
They actually played all the "bugger" Hilux ads a few years ago on TV.

Banned by my work filter though.