Because 'Straya mate!

I mentioned earlier on in this thread about the huge land areas of some of the properties in north queensland, poor bastards have been suffering with the drought ,cattle were starving to death,double whammy!! 10 days ago it started raining,average rainfall 30 inches a day,result up to now 100,s of thousands of cattle drowned,or dead in the mud,but hey thats straya, pouring with rain one day, fxxxed up the next.

I mentioned earlier on in this thread about the huge land areas of some of the properties in north queensland, poor bastards have been suffering with the drought ,cattle were starving to death,double whammy!! 10 days ago it started raining,average rainfall 30 inches a day,result up to now 100,s of thousands of cattle drowned,or dead in the mud,but hey thats straya, pouring with rain one day, fxxxed up the next.
You gotta feel for the Station owners tho'. Starts raining, they think, thank fcuk, don't stop, oh fcuk.

Yeah, in the UK it hasn't been superseded - there are signs everywhere warning drivers to beware of 'slow children in the road'.

ETA - From Wiki:

UK

The medical term "spastic" came into use to describe cerebral palsy.[3] The Scottish Council for the Care of Spastics was founded in 1946, and the Spastics Society, an English charity for people with cerebral palsy, was founded in 1951. However, the word began to be used as an insult and became a term of abuse used to imply stupidity or physical ineptness: one who is uncoordinated or incompetent, or a fool. It was often colloquially abbreviated to shorter forms such as "spaz".

Although the word has a much longer history, its derogatory use grew considerably in the 1980s and this is sometimes attributed to the BBC children's TV show Blue Peter; during the International Year of Disabled Persons (1981), several episodes of Blue Peter featured a man named Joey Deacon with cerebral palsy (described as a "spastic"). Phrases such as "joey", "deacon", and "spaz" became widely used insults amongst children at that time.

In 1994, the same year that Conservative MP Terry Dicks referred to himself in a House of Commons debate as "a spastic with cerebral palsy", the Spastics Society changed its name to Scope. The word "spastic" has been largely erased from popular English usage and is deemed unacceptable to use outside of specific medical contexts, thus reducing stigmatisation of the condition. However, UK schoolchildren allegedly developed a derogatory adaptation of the Spastic Society's new name, "scoper".

Australia

In Australian English, for some time, terms such as "spastic" and "crippled" were considered the proper words to describe persons with various disabilities and even appeared on traffic signs (in the state of New South Wales) warning drivers of such persons near the road. More recently these terms have fallen out of use and replaced with the more socially acceptable and generic "disabled".
Signs saying slow children or disabled, so on,are one thing this is basically OMFG out there. If cannot see that you really need to think about it.

All I see of your text is a wall of quotes meaning nothing., trying to justify the unjustifyable.

I put up a sign that was used and is no longer used as a funney thing but you want to try to defend it.

Everyone I have showen it to has looked open mouthed in horror that it woud have been a sign but you don't?

So defend how only Australlia has come up with such a sign even though other countries used spastic as a term

I was always told that hemp and Marijuana were part of the same family of plant. Where Marijuana is the side which carries the drug. Hemp is the side of the family what does not carry the narcotic.
I've had this confermed by a farmer who grows industrial hemp.
Bollocks they are just strains of the same species, no different from cabbages having different strains with different properties etc, apples having different strains etc.

Signs saying slow children or disabled, so on,are one thing this is basically OMFG out there. If cannot see that you really need to think about it.

All I see of your text is a wall of quotes meaning nothing., trying to justify the unjustifyable.

I put up a sign that was used and is no longer used as a funney thing but you want to try to defend it.

Everyone I have showen it to has looked open mouthed in horror that it woud have been a sign but you don't?

So defend how only Australlia has come up with such a sign even though other countries used spastic as a term
Simples. 'Spastic' used to be an officially accepted English language term in at least the UK and Australia, so was used on official signage in NSW. Over time it became a no longer publicly acceptable term, so the official signage was superceded, though I have been unable to find the date that occurred.

Simples. 'Spastic' used to be an officially accepted English language term in at least the UK and Australia, so was used on official signage in NSW. Over time it became a no longer publicly acceptable term, so the official signage was superceded, though I have been unable to find the date that occurred.
Scope was called The Spastic Society until 1994; there were Spastic shops in most towns until then.

I have seen the term used in Aus more recently; somewhere recently, but I can’t remember where.

Funny how language changes

Scope was called The Spastic Society until 1994; there were Spastic shops in most towns until then.

I have seen the term used in Aus more recently; somewhere recently, but I can’t remember where.

Funny how language changes
The language doesn't change, just the use of it, driven by the snowflakes these days, who get furious, angry, appalled (put your own words in here) when it doesn't suit their agendas.

The language doesn't change, just the use of it, driven by the snowflakes these days, who get furious, angry, appalled (put your own words in here) when it doesn't suit their agendas.
Language does change and it’s not all snow flakery. Terms that were in daily use in Australian English even 20 years ago are disappearing; when was the last time you heard someone use “Fair Dinkum” or end their sentence with “But” instead of though?

FFS can we not argue about how peachy shit was in OZ....they have a whitey policy till the '73. One of the most blatant ones in recent times, only superseded (haha) by the Apartheid. I don't want to out myself, I have a shit ton of connections to OZ and NZ. I could live there if I want to. Maybe will. But at the same time I don't think sweeping shit under the carpet and ignoring stuff isn't doing anyone any good. I personally think Kiwis are better at this than Aussies.

Strange no other country had a similar sign.It's got fuckall to do with snowflakes but basic decency you fuckwit, I bet you are are tall bald white guy who rages about shit.