Because 'Straya mate!

No need to worry about crocs, sharks, blue-ringed octopus, stonefish or sea snakes. None of them will cause a MASSCAS event.

'Thousands of people have been treated for bluebottle stings on the Gold and Sunshine coasts in Queensland as the jellyfish swarm beaches in record numbers. Across the weekend, more than 2630 people have been stung with several suffering anaphylactic shock and treated by paramedics.'

http___prod_static9_net_au___media_2019_01_06_20_21_BLUEBOTTLES.jpg

Thousands stung by bluebottle jellyfish in Queensland

Last edited:
No need to worry about crocs, sharks, blue-ringed octopus, stonefish or sea snakes. Noen of them will cause a MASSCAS event.

'Thousands of people have been treated for bluebottle stings on the Gold and Sunshine coasts in Queensland as the jellyfish swarm beaches in record numbers. Across the weekend, more than 2630 people have been stung with several suffering anaphylactic shock and treated by paramedics.'

View attachment 370319

Thousands stung by bluebottle jellyfish in Queensland
They are still some of the best beaches and surf in the world though. No rose without a thorn.

They are still some of the best beaches and surf in the world though. No rose without a thorn.
But to be fair, jabbing oneself with a thorn doesn't normally cause one to scream in agony and go into anaphylactic shock, before of course being eaten by a shark or a salty (dealers choice)

Last edited:
We have worse things than Bluebottles:

Box Jellyfish - Chironex fleckeri - marine envenoming

These can be very nasty.
But at least you have some chance of seeing a 'normal' box jellyfish, unlike these little b@stards!

'Irukandji syndrome is produced by a small amount of venom and induces excruciating muscle cramps in the arms and legs, severe pain in the back and kidneys, a burning sensation of the skin and face, headaches, nausea, restlessness, sweating, vomiting, an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, and psychological phenomena such as the feeling of impending doom. The sting is moderately irritating; the severe syndrome is delayed for 5–120 minutes (30 minutes on average). The symptoms last from hours to weeks, and victims usually require hospitalization.'

Irukandji jellyfish - Wikipedia

'A fully grown box jellyfish can measure up to 20 cm (7.9 in) along each box side (or 30 cm (12 in) in diameter), and the tentacles can grow up to 3 m (9.8 ft) in length.'

Box jellyfish - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But at least you have some chance of seeing a box jellyfish, unlike these little b@stards!

'Irukandji syndrome is produced by a small amount of venom and induces excruciating muscle cramps in the arms and legs, severe pain in the back and kidneys, a burning sensation of the skin and face, headaches, nausea, restlessness, sweating, vomiting, an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, and psychological phenomena such as the feeling of impending doom. The sting is moderately irritating; the severe syndrome is delayed for 5–120 minutes (30 minutes on average). The symptoms last from hours to weeks, and victims usually require hospitalization.'

Irukandji jellyfish - Wikipedia
Shit !

Malo kingi in a clear plastic vial.
Those little fcukers could swim up your Jap's eye !

'Police were called to Bourke Street about 7.55pm on Sunday January 7 to reports ... .'

Typical bloody Melbourne wowsers. In Darwin they would have had an audience and cheer squad.
I even know that damn street hence why I found it funny and posted. NSW and VIC are a bit santitized compared to the rest of OZ though. QLD is slowly being prodded in that direction, they are trying to hard to clean up Brissie's reputation.

Oz advertising. Straight talking; no bullshit.

'The Bunnings’ handwritten sign promoting a range of $3.99 LED light switches attracted more attention than they bargained for on Friday. The phrase ‘FLICK IT’ appeared innocent enough until store-goer Adrian Chan spotted the accidental combination of two letters, producing a markedly different meaning.'

Bunnings’ awkward ‘f**k it’ sign fail

Oz advertising. Straight talking; no bullshit.

'The Bunnings’ handwritten sign promoting a range of $3.99 LED light switches attracted more attention than they bargained for on Friday. The phrase ‘FLICK IT’ appeared innocent enough until store-goer Adrian Chan spotted the accidental combination of two letters, producing a markedly different meaning.'

Bunnings’ awkward ‘f**k it’ sign fail
May not have been accidental, could be the work of an anarchist employee.

Well, I showed that to Mrs Rocket, she said if that was my son, "I'd have knock seven bells out off the ignorant twat".
Be nice to know what the girlies Dad said ?
If he's from Townsville as well it's probably be, "Ag son, sit and have a cold one. Some T-cut'll sort that out."

I even know that damn street hence why I found it funny and posted. NSW and VIC are a bit santitized compared to the rest of OZ though. QLD is slowly being prodded in that direction, they are trying to hard to clean up Brissie's reputation.
It's all the New South Welshmen run out of NSW because of rising house prices

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The Book Club 0
2/51 Fill Your Boots 8
redshift The NAAFI Bar 13