Because 'Straya mate!

Hot weather in Australia? In the middle of summer? Unprecedented, Shirley.
I topped out at about 47-point-something in Vegas a few years ago, which was quite warm enough.

'Australia’s post-Christmas heatwave continues to sweep across the country, with a near record-breaking 49C forecast for Western Australia, and fire danger, health and air quality warnings issued across the nation. On Thursday morning, the bureau of meteorology forecast a scorching 49C maximum for Marble Bar and Pannawonica in the Pilbara region of WA – only 2 degrees below the highest temperature ever recorded in Australia, which is 50.7C at South Australia’s Oodnadatta airport in 1960.

'By 8.40am on Thursday Marble Bar had already recorded 43.4C, with the worst of the heat to come. The extreme heat is stretching across WA, SA, Victoria, New South Wales and parts of central Queensland. Temperatures in the south are 10C to 14C higher than average, the bureau said on Wednesday.'

Australia's extreme heatwave spans five states with high of 49C forecast

"Someone in Sydney tonight only had one job."

Not my comment or photo. Everyone has their moments I suppose. Bad day to have one.

"Someone in Sydney tonight only had one job."

Not my comment or photo. Everyone has their moments I suppose. Bad day to have one.

Are you quite certain that image was taken in the last 24 hrs rather than a year ago? I don't recall that pattern on the pylon towers for this year's fireworks, and this year's logo was #SydNYE.

5db0e35dc468d8f48de9082e66f50520.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like gunfire from the Kiwis invading you lot...in a friendly way. They already do mind you, they are everywhere!
We could actually see the individual bursts whilst sitting on our deck. I’ve only been to Sydney once; it’s crazy and not something I’d repeat.

Been to Syd once or just for the fireworks?
The fireworks. We’re an hour north on the train and I head into town about once a week. I was also lucky enough to have Her Majesty put me up in Kirribilli when I was posted here in the 90s.

Was in Sydney on Sunday; it was rammed. Not a comfortable place to be.

The fireworks. We’re an hour north on the train and I head into town about once a week. I was also lucky enough to have Her Majesty put me up in Kirribilli when I was posted here in the 90s.

Was in Sydney on Sunday; it was rammed. Not a comfortable place to be.
Fireworks are overrated. Live. London here does some good stuff though. Though, I would never pay for it in principle. Now that they charge.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Goatman The NAAFI Bar 29
C Sappers 4
redshift The NAAFI Bar 19

Latest Threads