Because 'Straya mate!

As Steve Irwin would have doubtless said, "Crikey!".

'Scientists from the University of Queensland have discovered pterosaur’s jaw on Wanamara Country, near Richmond in North West Queensland. This pterosaur, named Thapunngaka shawi, is believed to be Australia’s largest flying reptile.

'The pterosaur had around a seven-meter wingspan. According to scientists, it must have soared like a dragon above the ancient, vast inland sea.

'The analysis revealed that the Thapunngaka shawi belonged to a group of pterosaurs known as anhanguerians. They had thin-walled and relatively hollow bones.

'Tim Richards, from the Dinosaur Lab in UQ’s School of Biological Sciences, said, “It’s the closest thing we have to a real-life dragon. The new pterosaur with a spear-like mouth and a wingspan around seven meters.”

“It was essentially just a skull with a long neck, bolted on a pair of long wings. This thing would have been quite savage.”

“The skull alone would have been just over one meter long, containing around 40 teeth, perfectly suited to grasping the large predatory fishes known to inhabit Queensland’s no-longer-existent Eromanga Sea. Even though pterosaurs could fly, they were nothing like birds or even bats.”

Largest flying reptile ?
Which party did it represent ?

Kerry Packer didn't represent any political party, although he certainly 'owned' some pollies.

Wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

'Western Australia has always entertained a fantasy of secession. If it goes against the Commonwealth plan and stays shut after we reach 80 per cent vaccinations, that dream may come true.

'At the beginning of 2021, in a distant time I think of as the ‘Pandemic Pause’, when lockdowns were off and most of the country was able to move around freely, I was fortunate enough to visit every single Australian state and territory as part of my work as a travel writer. Every single one. Except Western Australia.

'WA, Australia’s proud and defiant wild west, and the state that has been more hard line about its zero-tolerance approach to Covid than any other, still had a border up with NSW even as every other had dropped theirs. And so my planned detour into The Kimberley during a trip to the Northern Territory had to be cancelled.

'And WA’s premier Mark McGowan has announced he has every intention of keeping his state just as isolated as they were back then, even when it reaches the magic 80 per cent fully vaccinated number that other states and territories say will end lockdowns and hard borders, under the Commonwealth’s agreed four-phase plan.

“It’s better not to have Covid than to have Covid,” he told reporters, which is obviously true but also a magical fairytale dreamland as a long-term strategy. Over 90 per cent of scientists predict that Covid, in some form or another, is here to stay. And at some point, unless WA plans to remain an isolated island, banning tourists from coming in and forbidding its own citizens from going out forever, it’s going to have to accept this truth.

'But maybe ice-cold isolation is exactly what WA wants. The state has always harboured a fond fantasy of leaving the rest of the country and striking out on its own. In 1933, it held a referendum to decide whether to secede from the rest of Australia. Alarmingly, its citizens voted to do exactly that, although the plan ultimately failed. Secession talk has rumbled ever since, including a spike since the pandemic which led to the formation of the pro-secession WAxit Party.'

'West Australian Premier Mark McGowan has hit back at a suggestion by Qantas that Perth may lose its status as a transit hub for flights to London due to WA’s notoriously strict border rules. Qantas has unveiled its expectation for the return of overseas flights, which are slated for mid-December if Australia hits the 80 per cent vaccination rate needed to trigger the reopening of our international border.

'The UK, Singapore, Japan, the US and Canada are among the destinations with high vaccination rates that Qantas expects to fly to first.

'With flights to the UK expected to be especially popular, Qantas said it was considering using Darwin as a transit point for non-stop services to London, which before the pandemic, took off and landed at Perth.'

But back to what this thread was originally opened for ...

Yarra

War Hero
Wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

'Western Australia has always entertained a fantasy of secession. If it goes against the Commonwealth plan and stays shut after we reach 80 per cent vaccinations, that dream may come true.

'At the beginning of 2021, in a distant time I think of as the ‘Pandemic Pause’, when lockdowns were off and most of the country was able to move around freely, I was fortunate enough to visit every single Australian state and territory as part of my work as a travel writer. Every single one. Except Western Australia.

'WA, Australia’s proud and defiant wild west, and the state that has been more hard line about its zero-tolerance approach to Covid than any other, still had a border up with NSW even as every other had dropped theirs. And so my planned detour into The Kimberley during a trip to the Northern Territory had to be cancelled.

'And WA’s premier Mark McGowan has announced he has every intention of keeping his state just as isolated as they were back then, even when it reaches the magic 80 per cent fully vaccinated number that other states and territories say will end lockdowns and hard borders, under the Commonwealth’s agreed four-phase plan.

“It’s better not to have Covid than to have Covid,” he told reporters, which is obviously true but also a magical fairytale dreamland as a long-term strategy. Over 90 per cent of scientists predict that Covid, in some form or another, is here to stay. And at some point, unless WA plans to remain an isolated island, banning tourists from coming in and forbidding its own citizens from going out forever, it’s going to have to accept this truth.

'But maybe ice-cold isolation is exactly what WA wants. The state has always harboured a fond fantasy of leaving the rest of the country and striking out on its own. In 1933, it held a referendum to decide whether to secede from the rest of Australia. Alarmingly, its citizens voted to do exactly that, although the plan ultimately failed. Secession talk has rumbled ever since, including a spike since the pandemic which led to the formation of the pro-secession WAxit Party.'

'West Australian Premier Mark McGowan has hit back at a suggestion by Qantas that Perth may lose its status as a transit hub for flights to London due to WA’s notoriously strict border rules. Qantas has unveiled its expectation for the return of overseas flights, which are slated for mid-December if Australia hits the 80 per cent vaccination rate needed to trigger the reopening of our international border.

'The UK, Singapore, Japan, the US and Canada are among the destinations with high vaccination rates that Qantas expects to fly to first.

'With flights to the UK expected to be especially popular, Qantas said it was considering using Darwin as a transit point for non-stop services to London, which before the pandemic, took off and landed at Perth.'

Aussie pollies.. . F@cking eunuchs.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Australian Citizens Ask Taliban To Liberate Their Country

MELBOURNE—As Australia continues to brutally enforce a total lockdown on their own citizens, the increasingly desperate population has reached out to the Taliban and begged them to come and liberate their country.

"If only those brave mujahadin fighters could ride in on their American tanks and Humvees, armed with American weapons, and liberate us all," said local woman Charlotte Menda. "I mean, they aren't perfect, but at least people can go shopping and walk their dog under Taliban rule. Anything would be better than this, right ?"

According to sources in the country, Australians have been suffering under creeping totalitarian rule for years, and COVID only intensified the brutality and cruelty of the regime in the last year.
In spite of this, the suffering of Australia has received little attention on the international stage.

"Australia has a proud tradition of being a prison colony," said Prime Minister Scott Morrison while eating gourmet seafood in a deserted restaurant.
"I'm proud to be returning our country back to her roots."

Australians then chose a representative to fly to Kabul and ask the Taliban army to overthrow their tyrannical government and usher in an age of slightly less tyranny.

The Taliban are reportedly considering the request and have promised a decision next month after they have finished embarrassing America.

Yarra

War Hero

MELBOURNE—As Australia continues to brutally enforce a total lockdown on their own citizens, the increasingly desperate population has reached out to the Taliban and begged them to come and liberate their country.

"If only those brave mujahadin fighters could ride in on their American tanks and Humvees, armed with American weapons, and liberate us all," said local woman Charlotte Menda. "I mean, they aren't perfect, but at least people can go shopping and walk their dog under Taliban rule. Anything would be better than this, right ?"

According to sources in the country, Australians have been suffering under creeping totalitarian rule for years, and COVID only intensified the brutality and cruelty of the regime in the last year.
In spite of this, the suffering of Australia has received little attention on the international stage.

"Australia has a proud tradition of being a prison colony," said Prime Minister Scott Morrison while eating gourmet seafood in a deserted restaurant.

Australians then chose a representative to fly to Kabul and ask the Taliban army to overthrow their tyrannical government and usher in an age of slightly less tyranny.

The Taliban are reportedly considering the request and have promised a decision next month after they have finished embarrassing America.

Melbourne, home of Slater & Gordon, the soy boy and the thought police. The TB wouldn't stand a chance.

I call 'bullshit'!

There's no way ScoMo would have used such a sexist term; "I'm proud to be returning our country back to her roots."

Melbourne, home of Slater & Gordon, the soy boy and the thought police. The TB wouldn't stand a chance.
Home to the largest greek population outside of Greece apparently, so maybe some common ground on the Ancient greek feelings towards young males and the current Afghan proclivities.

Gave it a laugh but unfortunately too close to the truth

(Further to, and as already posted in the COVIDthread, … lockdowns and vaccination requirements in Victoria have upset a few of the rabble … maybe it’s time for the purple-dyed, CS-infused water-cannon treatment (worked a treat for riot-control rehearsals with the Nepal Formed Police Unit Pk pre-deployment training).

Yer gotta larf, hey …

Clipped from Aunty ABC:
Andrews says 'appalling' protests are an 'insult' to construction industry workers

Andrews says 'appalling' protests are an 'insult' to construction industry workers

(Further to, and as already posted in the COVIDthread, … lockdowns and vaccination requirements in Victoria have upset a few of the rabble … maybe it’s time for the purple-dyed, CS-infused water-cannon treatment (worked a treat for riot-control rehearsals with the Nepal Formed Police Unit Pk pre-deployment training).

Yer gotta larf, hey …

Clipped from Aunty ABC:

a journalist was hurt after having a can of drink thrown at their head while they were presenting live.

? How many journalists were there and how many were hurt by having a tinnie hurled at their melon? Is this more "woke" shite from ABC as the journalist (female probably) insisted on picking his/her/its pronouns? :? Looks like you've stepped over the line, matey because now you're confusing cases as well.

a journalist was hurt after having a can of drink thrown at their head while they were presenting live.

? How many journalists were there and how many were hurt by having a tinnie hurled at their melon? Is this more "woke" shite from ABC as the journalist (female probably) insisted on picking his/her/its pronouns? :? Looks like you've stepped over the line, matey because now you're confusing cases as well.
Woke indeed, in respect of Aunty's use of non-gender descriptors; the journalist looked like a bloke, and the well-aimed tinny nearly missed him, so I'm a bit sceptical about that bit. And while the demonstrations are supposedly about the construction workers right to not be vaccinated against Covid, and their objections to Victorian Govts two week lockdown of building sites until they are inoculated, so far their "peaceful demonstrations" have apparently been hijacked by public disobedience-instigators ... I'm amused that the now largest Union is bleating about thugs and instigators derailing their cause - reminds me of the Painters and Dockers of the early '70s.

Funnelweb

Clanker
Woke indeed, in respect of Aunty's use of non-gender descriptors; the journalist looked like a bloke, and the well-aimed tinny nearly missed him, so I'm a bit sceptical about that bit. And while the demonstrations are supposedly about the construction workers right to not be vaccinated against Covid, and their objections to Victorian Govts two week lockdown of building sites until they are inoculated, so far their "peaceful demonstrations" have apparently been hijacked by public disobedience-instigators ... I'm amused that the now largest Union is bleating about thugs and instigators derailing their cause - reminds me of the Painters and Dockers of the early '70s.
Tinny split the back of his head open!!!

Latest Threads