Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Because 'Straya mate!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Murrayhill. Doing hops from Pumas with TK and his cronies.

Same guardhouse almost got taken out by a motorbike in freefall when they filmed some action movie there. KAP3s on the bikes set by GA, the Taakmag bozo. Guard heard a loud crash and stepped out of the shack to find bike spares scattered around all over the shop.
There were pampoene lobs every Wednesday and the DZ was far from the guardroom, did you get lost on the way down ?

Lazy cunt. Didn't feel like walking.

If you're talking sports parade lobs, most of those were at Speskop. Do you remember the herds of zebra and antelope there? Nervous as fuck after the okes got into the habit of aiming for the middle of a herd having a graze and lobbing in there, scattering them to the four winds.

The only wildlife I knew of who were aircraft aware and would look up to check for parachutes whenever they heard an aerie going over.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Lazy cunt. Didn't feel like walking.

If you're talking sports parade lobs, most of those were at Speskop. Do you remember the herds of zebra and antelope there? Nervous as fuck after the okes got into the habit of aiming for the middle of a herd having a graze and lobbing in there, scattering them to the four winds.

The only wildlife I knew of who were aircraft aware and would look up to check for parachutes whenever they heard an aerie going over.
Just checked the braincell and my last was incorrect.
It was once a month, on a Wednesday that there were round lobs at Murrayhill.
Kept those serving well on date and the campers got an afternoon off and a piss up.

But ja, remember the Speskop lobs very well !
:smile:
Jap Schwart ?
I was permanent at Voortrekkerhoogte by 91.

That landing amongst the nyama could end badly, they were used to things falling from the sky and it would have only taken a recalcitrant bull...

Last edited:
Jab Swart. He's the colonel I swore at in a potential wrap situation while training him for CRW. Being a dom troep I thought he was going to have me hung by the knaters and torched but he was actually quite cool about it and even bought me a beer to apologise.

I think being one of TK's mob saved my bacon there.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well, it's that time of the year

"Magpies and other native birds are protected in Victoria under the Wildlife Act 1975 and it is an offence to kill, take, control or harm wildlife in Victoria."
Take me to court the you bunnyhugging dicknibblers.

"Magpies and other native birds are protected in Victoria under the Wildlife Act 1975 and it is an offence to kill, take, control or harm wildlife in Victoria."
Take me to court the you bunnyhugging dicknibblers.
I've made friends with my local magpies, I feed them mealworms. I can walk freely around the park opposite my place without being attacked. The parents often bring their young ones over to my place for a feed on a weekend. They sit on the front door step and warble away until I come out. I love leaving the front door open listening to their warble.

Wish I could pop a few plovers though, those bastards aren't endangered and are even worse than magpies. A lot stupider too.

Last edited:

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Considering I live near to the new airport, I'd prefer it not to be called that.

I do wish they'd come up with something though. I'm sick of hearing "Western Sydney" on the news that covers any place west of Concord out to Penrith, especially now that this airport is called "Western Sydney Airport"

Wydney, maybe?

Latest Threads