Because 'Straya mate!

Still is, the surgeon used it on me for sinus surgery and gave me a letter in case I had to have a hair drug test.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
"I've never used cocaine. I have smelt it though.."

Last edited:
As long as you have a decent zoom on your smartphone! Some of those bastards can jump.

'Australian scientists have invented a new app that can identify all local species of snakes and spiders.

'The app works in a similar way to Shazam, which ingeniously tells you which song is playing by listening and matching it. The Critterpedia app, a collaboration between the CSIRO and Data61, uses a photo you upload to match with hundreds of thousands of images from their database. Their artificially intelligent (AI) algorithm can then identify the spider or snake down to the family, genus or species.

“The AI platform considers not only these images, but also additional information, like GPS location,” the CSIRO wrote on its blog.'

Australia, eh. If the sharks don't get you the mackerel will:

Australia, eh. If the sharks don't get you the mackerel will:

Terry Pratchett had a part of one of his books where the anthropomorphic personification of death was interested in the discworld continent of "Fourecks", which was their equivalent of Australia. When he asked for a book about the dangerous creatures of fourecks, he was magically deluged with a great weight of books.

Death then reasoned it would easier to ask about the harmless creatures, and he was presented with a single sheet of paper which said, on one side, "Some of the sheep".

Hmmm, a new name for Western Sydney - Bogansville.

'We’ve already got Sydney and Parramatta, now Greater Sydney’s multibillion-dollar “third city” needs a name of its own.

'The State Government has called on Sydneysiders to dub the future economic and industrial hub set to spring up around Western Sydney (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport.'

The community will be given the chance to have their say on part of the naming of Sydney’s third city, which will be the beating heart of the Western Sydney Aerotropolis. Picture: Handout via NCA NewsWire

The community will be given the chance to have their say on part of the naming of Sydney’s third city, which will be the beating heart of the Western Sydney Aerotropolis. Picture: Handout via NCA NewsWireSource:NCA NewsWire

'We’ve already got Sydney and Parramatta, now Greater Sydney’s multibillion-dollar “third city” needs a name of its own.

'The State Government has called on Sydneysiders to dub the future economic and industrial hub set to spring up around Western Sydney (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport.'

The community will be given the chance to have their say on part of the naming of Sydney’s third city, which will be the beating heart of the Western Sydney Aerotropolis. Picture: Handout via NCA NewsWire

The community will be given the chance to have their say on part of the naming of Sydney’s third city, which will be the beating heart of the Western Sydney Aerotropolis. Picture: Handout via NCA NewsWireSource:NCA NewsWire

How about Parkhurst? Newgate? Wormwood Scrubs...?

How about Parkhurst? Newgate? Wormwood Scrubs...?
Why, are they expecting an influx of Brexit-fleeing English criminals? Otherwise, the 'cultural' reference will be lost on most of the residents.

Why, are they expecting an influx of Brexit-fleeing English criminals? Otherwise, the 'cultural' reference will be lost on most of the residents.
But those who do know probably won't be living there, so how long can they get away with it...?

I'm sure there are some similarly named examples we could use instead....

Sunnyvale?

Funny as, eh?

combatintman

War Hero

Let's hope we don't get a repeat of the Ferry McFerry Face debacle when a similar poll was commissioned to name one of Sydney's new ferries a couple of years back.

Considering I live near to the new airport, I'd prefer it not to be called that.

I do wish they'd come up with something though. I'm sick of hearing "Western Sydney" on the news that covers any place west of Concord out to Penrith, especially now that this airport is called "Western Sydney Airport"

Let's hope we don't get a repeat of the Ferry McFerry Face debacle when a similar poll was commissioned to name one of Sydney's new ferries a couple of years back.
It will have an Aboriginal name and you can take that to the bank. Kickaginalong or similar.

Wouldn’t the proud inhabitants of Bogan Shire feel a little aggrieved?

Latest Threads