Beauty Queen challenges Labour

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/1928867/Beauty-Queen-challenges-Labour.html

Miss Great Britain, Gemma Garrett, 26, says she will fight the by-election in the safe Labour seat of Crewe and Nantwich.

Miss Garrett from Belfast, will represent the newly formed Beauties for Britain party.
In her campaign announcement, she has "pledged to help make Westminster as glamorous a place as its fellow European legislatures, where beautiful women abound in the higher echelons of government".

She has also vowed to fight sleaze and will campaign on the need to bring transparency and accountability to Westminster as well as focusing on women's issues and on "making Britain feel beautiful again".
Would you vote for her? Especially taking into account that

Ms Garrett said: "I may not know a lot about politics yet but I do know about people and how everyone would prefer that Britain looks and feels beautiful instead of dwelling on the ugly and negative side of life and politics.

"I want British politicians to be sexy not sleazy and to show that they really care about women.

"For British politics its all change at Crewe and I am really looking forward to meeting all the voters there and to showing them the power of beauty."
Yes, power of beauty is a strong force.

Poor deluded cow. Release the hounds!

I'll vote for her if she gives me a nosh.

Labour won't be worrying, what with pre-op transexual Ruth Kelly on their bench...

And, of course, in a piece of Mugabe-style nepotism, Labour will be represented by the recently deceased Dunwoody's daughter. Euan Blair to replace Gordon Brown anyone?

KGB_resident said:
Would you vote for her? Especially taking into account that

Ms Garrett said: "I may not know a lot about politics yet but I do know about people and how everyone would prefer that Britain looks and feels beautiful instead of dwelling on the ugly and negative side of life and politics.
Most politicians don´t seem to have a clue either, so why hold it against her?

She does look sa though she my answer the question, Do you support the death penalty? by saying 'Yes as long as it's not too severe'.
But she probably can't do worse than any other politician and her naieve nature may make her more honest.

blue_sophist said:
Moderator ...

can we merge this with the identical thread in the NAAFI?

Intelligence and this dimbo bird are a slight contradiction in terms :wink:
It is fair to merge the threads or delete this one.

However there is serious aspect in the story - polit technologies, using of celebrities for political purposes and so on.

KGB_resident said:
blue_sophist said:
Moderator ...

However there is serious aspect in the story - polit technologies, using of celebrities for political purposes and so on.
Sergey, I think you have a very broad definition of "celebrity" :wink:

There is no doubt that people with small brains will vote for a pretty girl because she's a pretty girl. Are you suggesting that "the pretty girl" is then used [politically] by the people who have brains and ambition?

blue_sophist said:
KGB_resident said:
blue_sophist said:
Moderator ...

Sergey, I think you have a very broad definition of "celebrity" :wink:

There is no doubt that people with small brains will vote for a pretty girl because she's a pretty girl. Are you suggesting that "the pretty girl" is then used [politically] by the people who have brains and ambition?
Yes, I don't exclude that this 'anti-Labour' glamour girl is used by ... the Labour. It is a well-known trick invented by polit-technologists - to weaken opposition by usage of unelectable pseudo-opposition figures.

I belive that the true defenition of "celebrity" is broad. "Celebrity" means that virtually everybody knows him (her).

For example mr.Lugovoy is a "celebrity" (I suspect even in the UK). Btw, he was elected in Russian parliamnet (again from so called Liberal-Democratic party).