Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pielover, Sep 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just going through some old Clarkson stuff on the Top Gear website and found this gem from June:

"I have just two words for those who argue that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Jade. And Goody.

As I write, she's on the front of the newspapers again. Don't know what it is this time. I think she's attempted to run a marathon without having done any training. But it might have something to do with the £500,000 she lost recently. Maybe she ate it.

Whatever, of all of the planet's six billion beholders, I bet you'd struggle to find a single one who, upon being shown a picture of Ms Goody, would say,"ooh, I fancy a game of hide the sausage with that".

It's much the same story with Cherie Blair. Doubtless Tony saw something there when he fell to one knee and proposed but whatever it was, it sure as hell had nothing to do with aesthetics. We're told she spent £7,000 on hairdressing in the run-up to the last general election. It didn't make any difference. What she needs is a two-foot fringe.

Beauty then, is not in the eye of the beholder. It's a universal truism that Jade Goody's a moose and a global fact that Cherie's mouth is more frightening than a wormhole in space."

Clarkson is God - I can't think of many other journo's that would acknowledge the wide mouth frogs gopping face. Plus - how many of us would have paid good money to take his place when he punched Piers Morgan.

The man may be a cnut of the first order but he's alright in my book....
  2. Cracking quotes Pielover, Clarkson is a strange mixture of un-PC, eccentric and just plain weird. 8O

I however think that he is a hell of a wordsmith and says it like it should be said :p

3. Shame about his matey Hammond.
    Hope he makes a good recovery.