Beauty contest in Basra. Why not?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, May 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The British could help to establish true democracy in Iraq by helping in organisation of beauty contest.

It happend in Chechnya recently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5024174.stm

[​IMG]

2. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5020804.stm

and you want to run a beauty contest in Iraq?? long skirts or not, that would be a magnet for every fundie gunman and suicide bomber in country ffs.

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

To be fair to the mad murdering barstewards, I do agree with their idea of murdering people in shorts - most of them, anyway. Decent young laydees excepted, but most people - male and female and other - look gopping with their knees showing. I certainly do :)

4. Yes I see. But no doubt the situation under Saddam was even worse. It is too early to think about beauty contest in Baghdad. But Basra? Maybe beauty contest in Basra would be helpfull to Iraq on its way to true democracy?

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A beauty contest in Basra now? Tricky, as so many are now wearing a nice black one-piece outfit! It would have been possible a couple of years ago, but not now, they're too scared to show more than their faces.

It won't be long before they end up like this:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/saudis-conservatives-discourage-exercise-to-fight-fat/2006/05/29/1148754878715.html

"Under their modest flowing robes, two-thirds of Saudi women are too fat.

In Riyadh, hotel gyms and pools are off limits to women. Along the city's walking trails, where the women walk covered in the mandatory black cloaks, they are sometimes harassed by the religious police known as muttawa.

At a clinic that treats obesity-related diseases, a booklet left by a writer named Muhammad al-Habdan warned that if girls' schools began physical education, Saudi girls would have to change into workout gear - and good girls should not disrobe outside their homes. Changing in a locker room might cause them to lose the shyness that is the hallmark of good morals, the booklet warned.

It went on to say that the girls might become attracted to each other after seeing their classmates in tight leotards and tops."

6. chances are the beauty contestants would be spread over a large area for offending islamic ways.

fcuk sorting a beauty contest lets sort out all the other shit first then bug out.

7. Are we missing the main point here? You would actually want to see these hideous creatures showing their knees and maybe a little more?

Im going to assume that you lot are all out on tour somewhere and you haven't seen a half way good looking chick in a long time.

Either that or there is something seriously wrong here....

8. Very funny sergey, satire today I see.

9. And now the contestants will model their swimwear.

[​IMG]

10. "and contestant number, she also has..................... brown eyes"

11. As a first step they could be dressed like...

[​IMG]

... and maybe something like this lass could be detected.

[​IMG]

12. lots of girls asking "does my bomb look big in this" :?: :?: :?: :?: