Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Beautiful.

They're still all gits

Yup: that vid hits all my British Infantry buttons:

It's a bunch of Frenchmen - so why have they wasted taxpayers' money on military hardware that will never be used for anything more offensive than scaring a few sand lizards?

It's also a vid that clearly shows just how fast jet pilots see themselves: someone took the time and effort to record all that, edit it, set it to 'anthemic and uplifting' music, and we're all meant to go 'gosh, wow'. Get a life boys.

Ah, you clearly don't appreciate the beauty of the low flying fast jet, and the faster and lower the better. I have no love for the French either, but the video is stunning all the same.

I often wonder if French fast jet pilots are as full of themselves as RAF ones. If that's the case then there really is no danger to anyone, their ego bubble will move anything out of their path and keep them from striking the ground.

Sam, Nibbler explained all in his opening statement

"that vid hits all my British Infantry buttons"

He's a grunt so he is therefore hard of thinking.

I'll remind you of his 'lack of communication' on the Fiji at Wattasham thread. :roll:

SamCaine said:
I often wonder if French fast jet pilots are as full of themselves as RAF ones. If that's the case then there really is no danger to anyone, their ego bubble will move anything out of their path and keep them from striking the ground.

Probably a lot worse... the fulness of themselves is boosted by the inate factor of 'self-fullness' the French are born with. (Quite incorrectly, of course.)

He's a grunt so he is therefore hard of thinking.

No, fool, he's a grunt so he calls it like it is, in short and simple sentences: 'people who video themselves at work are obviously self-important tools, and probably French to boot'...

And people who ride to war in any shape or form must die.

And people who ride to war in any shape or form must die.

Explain your last incoherent rambling, Poindexter?

Crikey, if you are the elected spokesman for intelligent debate from the Infantry, we'd all better just give up now. You make Jeremy Paxman sound like an autistic mouth wand user.

Crikey, if you are the elected spokesman for intelligent debate from the Infantry,

Not elected by anyone: however, the point stands. The hatred and jealousy of comfy, air-conditioned, shiny arsed over-paid tossers who ride to war, whether cav or air, was such that I saw several instances of deliberate targeting of friendly armour and air during my time, generated by frustration with their persistent inability to listen to the supported arm, and actually believe that it might know what it was on about. Neither incoherent, nor rambling - how much plainer would you like it, Flashy? One might point out that the 'leaked e-mails' from 'stan illustrate exactly that point...

Nibbler said:
Crikey, if you are the elected spokesman for intelligent debate from the Infantry,

Not elected by anyone: however, the point stands. The hatred and jealousy of comfy, air-conditioned, shiny arsed over-paid tossers who ride to war, whether cav or air, was such that I saw several instances of deliberate targeting of friendly armour and air during my time, generated by frustration with their persistent inability to listen to the supported arm, and actually believe that it might know what it was on about. Neither incoherent, nor rambling - how much plainer would you like it, Flashy? One might point out that the 'leaked e-mails' from 'stan illustrate exactly that point...

You certainly know how to make an entrance.

The hatred and jealousy

That sort of sums up your 'argument'. If you resent others due to your percieved low standing, do something about it. Either improve yourself or do something else. I would suggest whacking rounds at things you don't understand is not exactly going to endear yourself to people who have even half a brain. Present company excluded.

I would suggest whacking rounds at things you don't understand is not exactly going to endear yourself to people who have even half a brain.

And that illustrates the flyboy's mentality to perfection, Flashy: we weren't trying to endear ourselves to you, because, unlike you, we don't have this need to be loved: we were trying to kill you out of rage and frustration because, as ever, you wouldn't feckin listen and do as you were told.... The only people I wish to be 'endeared' to are those whose opinions I value and respect: and they march to war with their kit on their backs.

We don't claim to have brains, but we are, by and large, capable of smelling boolshite: I don't want to get into this any further, because I do actually quite admire some of the individual pilots I've met - but PM me if you wish to explore 'my issues'. Feel free to regard me as a thick infanteer - but ask yourself why my reaction is pretty much universal and timeless from the British Infantry, but not from some other supported arms (eg, the US Marines).

Nibbler said:
And that illustrates the flyboy's mentality to perfection, Flashy: we weren't trying to endear ourselves to you, because, unlike you, we don't have this need to be loved: we were trying to kill you out of rage and frustration because, as ever, you wouldn't feckin listen and do as you were told.... The only people I wish to be 'endeared' to are those whose opinions I value and respect: and they march to war with their kit on their backs.

We don't claim to have brains, but we are, by and large, capable of smelling boolshite: I don't want to get into this any further, because I do actually quite admire some of the individual pilots I've met - but PM me if you wish to explore 'my issues'. Feel free to regard me as a thick infanteer - but ask yourself why my reaction is pretty much universal and timeless from the British Infantry, but not from some other supported arms (eg, the US Marines).

I was being ironic ref the endearing. Sorry, I obviously have to explain these things to you.

You too are stereotyping yourself. An inaccurate sterotyping I might add.

The only people I wish to be 'endeared' to are those whose opinions I value and respect: and they march to war with their kit on their backs.

And of course, pilots in the AAC have only ever been pilots. Right?

And of course, pilots in the AAC have only ever been pilots. Right?

Nope - they're mostly the failures who couldn't hack it in a rifle platoon and went for either the SASC or the AAC - that's another reason to despise their lardy arses...

Nibbler said:
Nope - they're mostly the failures who couldn't hack it in a rifle platoon and went for either the SASC or the AAC

Or perhaps they saw a chance for better money, better lifestyle and better employment prospects on the outside than being a chap that licks the inside of a fire trench.