beautiful women bad for health?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Excognito, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I *finally* managed to get She Who Must Be Obeyed to accept something was her fault and bring a smile to her lips ...

Torygraph Link

'Just five minutes alone with an attractive female raise the levels of cortisol, the body's stress hormone, according to a study'

'The effects are heightened in men who believe that the woman in question is "out of their league".'

'Cortisol can have a positive effect in small doses, improving alertness and well-being. However, chronically elevated cortisol levels can worsen medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension'

Eeek! I thought it was all the pies! :-(

' and impotency.'

Excess cortisol doesn't have that effect on everybody :smug: :twisted:

'This study showed that male cortisol levels increased after exposure to a five-minute short social contact with a young, attractive woman.'

My comment of "and this was after just 5 *minutes* ... I've lived with you for ten whole *years*; no wonder I'm such a wreck" went down well, however.
  2. Hmm, It reminds me of a time, many years ago, when I had just met a gorgeous new bird who was great in bed and I couldn't get enough of her! I was so knackered in work I started falling asleep at the keyboard, I lost nearly 2 stone in weight(no bad thing) in about 2 months, (all in FLUID ounces) as one of my mates said!
  3. My missus is long past the stage of being able to stress me out with her stunning looks. Unfortunately for my health, as her looks have abated, so has her patience :-(
  4. And yet when doctors prescribe cortisone they say their prescription doses up to 10mg are not sufficiently high to have these side effects ?

They could save a fortune in pharmaceuticals simply by employing an aloof alluring receptionist and keeping cortisone patients waiting a long time before seeing the quack.

Does Cameron know about this ?