Beating the Retreat!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Jun 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just watching it on BBC2.Absolutly brilliant bit of Military music & ceremony (even as it's the Marine band)
    In my opinion,us Brits do the 'Pomp & Ceremony' bit better than any other armed forces in the world!
    Bring back the Royal Tournament!
  2. Agreed. My lad paid more attention to it than the England world cup match.
  3. Oh, I missed it. I remember being dead impressed with the Royal Tournament, went we went there as a school trip in the 1960's. ( Have seen it on tv since), but when was it stopped?

Would it have been the Band of the Royal Marines that I watched practising on the football ground that I could see from the window of the nurses' home in Commercial Road, Pompey, in the early 1970's?
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It was 'dropped' about 3 years ago by the MoD despite calls for it not to be.My Step Brother was on it in the mid 70's on the RN Gun team.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought that this was the latest excuse from the English footy camp!

ps - I wish now that I had remembered and taped it :cry:
  6. Bugger, I wasted my evening watching the bloody footy too..Is there a repeat?
  7. msr

msr LE

Is it not 'Beating Retreat'?

8. Either is used.

Although "Beating the Meat" is more common!

Yeah, I'd like to echo the questions about whether it's repeated. Or if anyone taped it?
  9. Chanced upon it whilst surfing to get away from the 10mins or so ITV News dedicated that fcuking non-story about that old Northern gimmer who saw the 7 July bombers leave their flat.

Noticed that the RM bands have girlies now. How long do you think it'll take the booties to realise that they actually have a second hole (this one being around the front) for poking?

Nice little get together though. Who's Trooping their Colour on Saturday?
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just searched & it's not repeated! And I too happened upon it by chance & missed the first 15 min!!