Beating the Retreat!

Just watching it on BBC2.Absolutly brilliant bit of Military music & ceremony (even as it's the Marine band)
In my opinion,us Brits do the 'Pomp & Ceremony' bit better than any other armed forces in the world!
Bring back the Royal Tournament!

spike7451 said:
Just watching it on BBC2.Absolutly brilliant bit of Military music & ceremony (even as it's the Marine band)
In my opinion,us Brits do the 'Pomp & Ceremony' bit better than any other armed forces in the world!
Bring back the Royal Tournament!
Oh, I missed it. I remember being dead impressed with the Royal Tournament, went we went there as a school trip in the 1960's. ( Have seen it on tv since), but when was it stopped?

Would it have been the Band of the Royal Marines that I watched practising on the football ground that I could see from the window of the nurses' home in Commercial Road, Pompey, in the early 1970's?

It was 'dropped' about 3 years ago by the MoD despite calls for it not to be.My Step Brother was on it in the mid 70's on the RN Gun team.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I thought that this was the latest excuse from the English footy camp!

AY

ps - I wish now that I had remembered and taped it :cry:

Is it not 'Beating Retreat'?

msr

Chanced upon it whilst surfing to get away from the 10mins or so ITV News dedicated that fcuking non-story about that old Northern gimmer who saw the 7 July bombers leave their flat.

Noticed that the RM bands have girlies now. How long do you think it'll take the booties to realise that they actually have a second hole (this one being around the front) for poking?

Nice little get together though. Who's Trooping their Colour on Saturday?