Beaters shoot, another year gone!

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by In-the-Van, Jan 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, today we had our beaters shoot...... did'nt manage to shoot a single beater, but did manage a couple of pheasants.

Question, where did that season go to then? 8 months before we can do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. As always it just shoots bye (did you see what I did there).

Well, pigeon shooting from now until well just keep going really. Went out yesterday with the decoys and had a reasonable day over some OSR.
  3. My invite must have got lost in the post. I just walk the dog with a gun on my arm. Good stuff for both of us.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We still have a day at my bosses shoot in Hampshire on Saturday, Our last organised day at home was saturday although I have told the members to have a walk around on their own without me this saturday!
  5. Haven't raised a gun in anger all season.... :(
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That is truly sad!

7. I had your invite written out ready to send, but then I realised that as an 'overner' you would have needed to enter quarantine before crossing to my beautiful island. So I asked someone else instead, sorry.
  8. 'Tis truly, the story of my life...
  9. Last day tomorrow. Anybody else out? I'll be out for half of the day, hopefully stocking up the freezer.

10. Good luck for the 'morrow bleep. I will be thinking of you as I drive 200 boring miles north.
  11. Hurrah! The end of the last day. And I shot feck all.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Our last day as well, a long drive down to Hampshire and only a handfull of birds in the bag! The dogs had a good day out and I am truly knackered. Thats it till October! Now to deal with sorting out next seasons syndicate.
  13. Last day has come and gone. Crackin as usual, Shoot owner made the mistake of sayin the beaters "arn't shooting too well" end of day 110 head in bag compared to syndicate's 80-90 average. That will teach him to keep his mouth shut !!. But a great day was had by all.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A good day out, now as we are changing our shoot into a full blown syndicate we will have a beaters day next season but I suspect we will have guns in as well!