Beaten Poles now are sure that they will be defended by US soldiers

You had a pact with Hitler which meant rather than face economic reality and engage in sustainable development of his economy and ergo his workforce, you supplied him with raw materials AND your, ahem, diplomats didn.t know anything about the activities of the NAZIS?
Poland before the war had exactly the same type pact with Hitler and participated in division of Czechoslavakia and of course had trade relations with Germany as other countries. Sweden, btw, had trade relations with Hitler during the whole war and supplied Germany with critically important raw materials. And 'democratic' Finland - it was Hitler's ally. Italy, Romania, Hungary, Bulgari, Croatia, Slovakia... would you blame these countries?
Btw, 2% of soldiers in Hitler's army were Poles.

@Riga, are you aware that a Latvian was beaten by British soldier in Riga not so long ago?

Last edited:
I'm ready to believe you. Anyway it is an unpleasant incident for US military.
Do you think that the offenders will be jailed in Polish prison? Is it possible?
Btw, unlike many other countries US servicemen haven't exterritorial status in Poland and are to be subjected to Polish justice.
US soldiers under investigation after late-night brawl in Poland
No it was a regular occurrence every weekend in West Germany during the 50's-90's. No one killed, the Joes caught and facing Judicial action. Pretty sure most any West German town during that time saw some G.I.'s getting into fights with each other and locals. USAREUR had a prison at Mannheim and it is still in operation run by 18th MP Bde at Sembach Kaserne near Ramstein AB

Its just new for the Poles and because of that the US Chain of Command will be harsh, pour encourager les autres. The US units will get the riot act read by their CSM's that the next incident will be even harsher

By the way the US Poland SOFA-

Article 13 Criminal Jurisdiction
1. The Republic of Poland recognizes the particular importance of United States military authorities' disciplinary control over members of the force and the effect that such control has on operational readiness. The competent authorities of the Republic of Poland, in accordance with Article VII, paragraph 3( c) of the NATO SOFA, shall give expeditious and sympathetic consideration to a request from United States military authorities to waive the Republic of Poland's primary right to exercise criminal jurisdiction. The authorities of the Republic of Poland will grant such requests except in cases of particular importance to the Republic of Poland.

https://fas.org/irp/world/poland/sofa.pdf

By the way even if given over to the Poles for prosecution the US Army still can prosecute them for the same crimes

Poland before the war had exactly the same type pact with Hitler and participated in division of Czechoslavakia and of course had trade relations with Germany as other countries. Sweden, btw, had trade relations with Hitler during the whole war and supplied Germany with critically important raw materials. And 'democratic' Finland - it was Hitler's ally. Italy, Romania, Hungary, Bulgari, Croatia, Slovakia... would you blame these countries?

@Riga, are you aware that a Latvian was beaten by British soldier in Riga not so long ago?
Aware? A SHORT time ago? When?

That maybe so, but in this sense it's basically 'Putin ****-off' so what the hell, why not? Business before pleasure

You Trolls are very good at remembering history - except yours, while most of the eastern-European states were busy being cnuts to each other post WW1 you were busy being a major **** to everyone - or have you forgotten 7 million dead Ukrainians during Holodomor - Wikipedia

Aware? A SHORT time ago? When?
I wrote not so long ago.
Riga man describes assault by British soldier
A Riga man accused by a large section of the British press of being a Kremlin provocateur denied the claim November 3 and described the incident that resulted in him being hospitalised by a British soldier.
Riga resident Aksels Aizkalns told LTV7's Segodņa večerom news show it was nothing but thuggishness.
Aizkalns related how he was standing in line behind a group of people in the McDonalds restaurant in central Riga at 6 p.m. on November 1. As he speaks English, he said that from their language and demeanour they seemed to have been drinking heavily.
One of the group pulled at Aizkalns' tie and asked him where he had got it, then said that if he didn't disappear within ten seconds, he would punch him in the face.
And it happened. Real masters arrived to Riga and established own rules.
"I asked him - why? 'Because you are complete shit,' he replied. He started to smile and count to ten and then he punched me on the nose," Aizkalns said.
Latvian state police confirmed to LTV7 that they subsequently arrested a British soldier who was behaving aggressively, who was released some hours later.
The individual was not named and it was not known if he was still in Latvia.
Was the soldier punished?
Has the Latvian received apologies from the British?
No of course.
More importantly, crying "Kremlin propaganda" to justify a straightforward criminal assault runs the risk of debasing the very real threat posed by actual Russian disinformation.
By Friday evening, the truth was beginning to dawn, even on Fleet Street.

I wrote not so long ago.
'Not so long aqo' is nearly two years ago? No wonder you have trouble remembering things.
Widely reported as a set up. What was the result?
Did the Russians park another Armoured Divn there like they did after invading Poland and before they were trounced by the Finns?
Dunno tbh. More likely the Latvians believed it was a Russian set up.
No of course
I suppose if Russia wasn't going around stealing parts of neighbours, rattling sabres etc. the Latvians and other member states wouldn't be asking for NATO soldiers to be stationed there.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Here you go some Poles giving the Russians (and others) a kicking. it's about as relevant as the OP and the music is a lot better.

I remember listening to, IIRC, Radio Moscow in the early 70's.

Russia railing against the evil west for criticising them for massacres then asking what about the black rapist in the US who was given a slap by police chief Hyram J Shitkicker.

This thread reminds me of that by its characteristic disproportionality.

I'm starting to think all Russians are psychopaths by default. I don't think I've ever met a normal one.

I wrote not so long ago.

No of course.

Good point there.
When do you think Russia will apologise for murdering a British woman, and when will the killer be punished.

When will Russia apologise for flying aircraft in busy European airspace with transponders switched off, when will the aircrews be punished

Last edited:
While we are discussing acts of violence.
As the investigation into the shoot down of MH17 has come to a conclusion will Russia apologise, pay damages and will the battery commander be punished?

Will Russia apologise to Turkey for constantly telling lies and pretending Russian aircraft weren't over flying Turkey, will Russia pay damages and will the officer in charge of the squadrons involved be punished?

When will Russia be apologising for the Chernobyl disaster, a d the fact they lied to surrounding countries for a number of days that a radiation leak had happened.
Will the people who made the decision to lie be punished?