beardy man?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by ooh_la_la, Apr 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I have a beard in the Intelligence Corps and what, if any, limitations would be placed upon my facial ornamentation?..

Thanking you all in advance.

Mange tout

2. It's compulsory if you are a female. I hope that helps.

3. You can have one like this, providing it,s in black and there is no plaity bits.

4. You can however plait your pubic / underarm hair - again, compulsory if female.

Strange question.

5. Yes you can but only if you work in Y Section of DIII.

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

That looks like the late Jim Mairs's MOD90 photo.

7. Gentlemen, das ist einfach Wunderbar.

Is a 'salt and pepper' colouration acceptable or would this require a professionally applied touch up?.. Strange question indeed but in this financial climate I feel the subject of facial hair to be rather pressing.

Adieu

8. I've been sporting this beauty for years;

[​IMG]

It gives me the ability to tickle her bum as I stick my tounge in her belly-button.

9. Beard ? Why not ?

"Beard is a gay slang term describing a person who is used, knowingly or unknowingly, as a date or romantic partner specifically to conceal sexual orientation. With increasing acceptance of LGBT culture, references to beards are seen in mainstream television and movies as well as other entertainment."

A number of current (no doubt) and definitely former members of the Corps have had `beards`!

I recall a certain YBF (that is `Yellow Band File to the uninitiated) ................................

Oh and `Uncle Mal V` had one for at least 20 years - using it to great effect when being waved through IVCPs in West Belfast. Always wondered however what would have happened if `Gerry` was asked for his autograph :D

I recall WB had both a beard and a mullet at one stage :lol:

10. ........And 'Bearded Ken' the wandering minstrel and sometimes attendee of 96 Sy Sect had a beard for as long as I knew him! Along with uncle Mal they were the 'beardies' of their day.

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yes provided:

There is a medical reason why you must not shave. (Chit required - it would still need to be neat and tidy);

You are a Sikh (You may be required to remove it if there is a CBRN threat);

You are involved in something sneaky beaky and need a disguise.

Other than that if you really want to have a beard join the Navy.

12. I had a lovely beard in Sarajevo in '93/'94. I was allergic to the stuff the french purified the water and came out in more spots and boils than a thirteen year old pubescent. Problem is after a while it turned ginger and started to smell of foxpiss and twiglets, so I shaved it off.

13. Have we forgotten Hugh D aka Thermo Nuclear, I can't remember ever seeing him without his ginger accoutrement - but it was a perfect soup strainer.

I remember trying to grow one myself over the water- but it got in the way of my bagpipes and was at the wrong end of my body !

14. I don't recall being able to tell which was which.

I often wondered why Mal V kept his stubble on whilst touring in Rhendahlen. How feckin' slow am I.......

15. Any Truth in the Rumour that Mal V went Deep Under Duvet in the Middle East ?

Attached Files: