beardy man?

Can I have a beard in the Intelligence Corps and what, if any, limitations would be placed upon my facial ornamentation?..

Thanking you all in advance.

Mange tout

It's compulsory if you are a female. I hope that helps.

ooh_la_la said:
Can I have a beard in the Intelligence Corps and what, if any, limitations would be placed upon my facial ornamentation?..

Thanking you all in advance.

Mange tout
Yes you can but only if you work in Y Section of DIII.

Gentlemen, das ist einfach Wunderbar.

Is a 'salt and pepper' colouration acceptable or would this require a professionally applied touch up?.. Strange question indeed but in this financial climate I feel the subject of facial hair to be rather pressing.

Adieu

Beard ? Why not ?

"Beard is a gay slang term describing a person who is used, knowingly or unknowingly, as a date or romantic partner specifically to conceal sexual orientation. With increasing acceptance of LGBT culture, references to beards are seen in mainstream television and movies as well as other entertainment."

A number of current (no doubt) and definitely former members of the Corps have had `beards`!

I recall a certain YBF (that is `Yellow Band File to the uninitiated) ................................

Oh and `Uncle Mal V` had one for at least 20 years - using it to great effect when being waved through IVCPs in West Belfast. Always wondered however what would have happened if `Gerry` was asked for his autograph :D

I recall WB had both a beard and a mullet at one stage :lol:

........And 'Bearded Ken' the wandering minstrel and sometimes attendee of 96 Sy Sect had a beard for as long as I knew him! Along with uncle Mal they were the 'beardies' of their day.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes provided:

There is a medical reason why you must not shave. (Chit required - it would still need to be neat and tidy);

You are a Sikh (You may be required to remove it if there is a CBRN threat);

You are involved in something sneaky beaky and need a disguise.

Other than that if you really want to have a beard join the Navy.

I had a lovely beard in Sarajevo in '93/'94. I was allergic to the stuff the french purified the water and came out in more spots and boils than a thirteen year old pubescent. Problem is after a while it turned ginger and started to smell of foxpiss and twiglets, so I shaved it off.

Have we forgotten Hugh D aka Thermo Nuclear, I can't remember ever seeing him without his ginger accoutrement - but it was a perfect soup strainer.

I remember trying to grow one myself over the water- but it got in the way of my bagpipes and was at the wrong end of my body !

The_Marsh_Arabist said:
I recall WB had both a beard and a mullet at one stage :lol:
I don't recall being able to tell which was which.

I often wondered why Mal V kept his stubble on whilst touring in Rhendahlen. How feckin' slow am I.......

Any Truth in the Rumour that Mal V went Deep Under Duvet in the Middle East ?

Attachments

Whether or not you can manage a credible facial topiary, it's of as much concern to those of a certain age whether your mullet - which I've never had; mine was a sort of post-flower-power hippy bouffant a la Scott Mckenzie - has expired in a flutter of dandruff. I went to a reunion thrash a few months ago where half of the participants were unrecognisable; in addition to expanded girthlines the number of baldie heeds, and in a couple of cases, the loss of hallmark Zapata taches rendered the evening a journey of discovery: "Who the fuck are you? Really??? Jesus, you've fucken aged. Mind, you always were an old woman." "Outside, ye bastard". etc.

I didn't recognise Shamus although the bugger pinged me. I've stayed young.

...in fact the number of Barry Gibbs there were wandering around the Lisburn/Portadown/Derry areas must have confused the locals something terrible. Many have said that I was identical to Image No1:
while TMA shows how a Disco Queen can decay from his more photogenic days, somewhat . Image 2:

Whiskybreath said:
mine was a sort of post-flower-power hippy bouffant a la Scott Mckenzie
Methinks that you are confusing your bouffant with the fur hood of that orange lined blue snorkel jacket favoured by most of the population of the Six Counties at the time ! :p You know the one ? gun oil stains, built in inductor loop, the pre- filled in MISR in the inside pocket and a receipt for two pints of black 8O

Rumours that mine got fire damage whilst extracting from an smoking RUC station are not true by the way !

I think I have an old picture of Subsonic with facial hair - although at the time he was considering transferring to the WRENS :twisted:

The_Marsh_Arabist said:
I think I have an old picture of Subsonic with facial hair - although at the time he was considering transferring to the WRENS :twisted:
Ha, my point exactly. I was ALWAYS a WREN, just that misguided biggots such as yourself discriminated against me to such an extent that I was forced to leave. Just as I had started enjoying my secondment to the Army, as well.

Thank you TMA, for the first time in years, I am just reliving the traumatic stress I suffered , following your scathing review in NOT the Intelligence Corps Newsletter, of my role as Madame Ranevskaya in the Harp Players production of Chekov's the Cherry Orchard. As you well know I became the laughing stock of the Ormeau Road theatre club and the Belleek Ceramic Arts Guild and Supper Club, after that. I thought those flashbacks were long behind me.
:pissedoff:

You post has just added another volume to my constructive dismissal case-file c/o Merss Sue, Grabbit + Run, Lincolns Inn Fields, EC etc etc! They will be writing to your learned friends and the Crown Solicitors, shortly.

( read my serialised interview with Mick Smith, and extracts from my forthcoming book, in the Sunday Times in the coming months)