Beards, yes or no?

Do you think regs should be allowed to grow a beard.

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 70.9%

• Total voters
We used to go into the "gas chamber" every so often. Is that still done?
I reckon, if someone wants to grow a beard, let 'em get on with it. Then bung 'em through the gas chamber.

The above is perfectly acceptable. He looks a bit like a young James Cosmo.

The atrocity below is not.
Anyone looking like this should be thrown into a skip full of skag needles, seeing how it likes being pierced.
The fcuking bow tie alone is enough.
View attachment 332226
he he, if you ask him he's probably the middle brother who wanted attention and now he draws attention to himself cos he's diffrunt.

in terms of the regs I can understand why no beards, field hygiene etc. I've had a full set for 40 years since leaving, saved a fortune on razor blades so I've seen the fads come and go. Pony tails the future, very 18th Century in fact,
I 've always fancied a Frock coat and a rapier, pity they didn't issue us with cutlasses latterly.

^Leo, you'll be after a crutch and a parrot next.

Look out for Blind Pew....tap tappity tap...beware the Black Spot..

Aaarrr lad.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As far as I can see the only reason for not allowing beards and long hair for men is discipline. If sailors, pioneers and pipers and certain religious groups can have beards then it demonstrates that there is no real practical reason. If women can have long hair then it demonstrates that there is no reason that men shouldn't be allowed to as well. Indeed it seems to be discriminatory.

I'm all in favour of discipline but it should be there for good reason. We expect soldiers to do what they are told to do. They/we should be able to trust we're being told to do something for a good reason. That trust breaks down when we're given arbitrary things to do for no reason.

Drum Majors and Pipe Majors are still allowed a beard. 4 SCOTS Pipey had a full beard last time I saw him, as did the Drummie from 2 SCOTS and from 3 SCOTS.

2 SCOTS pipe bands active role was as Assault Pioneers.

And then you have the slightly disturbing tradition of the bugle major in the Light Infantry.

Drum Majors and Pipe Majors are still allowed a beard. 4 SCOTS Pipey had a full beard last time I saw him, as did the Drummie from 2 SCOTS and from 3 SCOTS.

And then you have the slightly disturbing tradition of the bugle major in the Light Infantry.

Now that's a proper anti-goatee beard.

That is gayer than a bag of glitter covered spunking cocks.

Repulsive.

Whoever inspected him and thought, "smart as a carrot and twice as crunchy", needs cleansing with fire.

in terms of the regs I can understand why no beards, field hygiene etc.
That's fairly much a myth as well, loads of soldiers had beards in Afghanistan.

Its came as news to me on a recent exercise where I froze my bollocks off, that the need for shaving can be suspended if the temperature drops below a certain number.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AlfieFYB The NAAFI Bar 18
K The NAAFI Bar 45
Lairdx Military History and Militaria 20