Beards, yes or no?

Do you think regs should be allowed to grow a beard.

• Yes

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 86 69.9%

• Total voters
Not in the military but I do have a beard. Along with instant coffee, spray on bath, clip on tie and slip on shoes I get an extra half hour in bed in the morning.
I get up for mornings at 0540 -sh1t-shower-shave, dress, put boots on, make a coffee for the road and am out of the house and in the car for the 0600 news. It ain't rocket science.

The reason could be described as utter bollocks as other nations, the Navy, certain appointment's with the army, those with medical conditions, certain religions, SF and women can have beards.
It's an old rule that the penises at the top of the army won't change because, (like allowing us to decide whether to wear our sleeves up or down) it will be the end of the army. Some SO2 paper clips manager wrote in the soldier magazine that the army couldn't possibly allow beards as there are too many styles to regulate. The ******* buffoon.
The SO2 may have given a response, but the beard discussion at ECAB would probably take longer than authorising the disbandment of a couple of non-Rifles regiments.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I get up for mornings at 0540 -sh1t-shower-shave, dress, put boots on, make a coffee for the road and am out of the house and in the car for the 0600 news. It ain't rocket science.

FFS Sort yourself out.

I make a thermos the night before, sleep in my boots, shit the bed, and I'm out of the house within 5 minutes.

The SO2 may have given a response, but the beard discussion at ECAB would probably take longer than authorising the disbandment of a couple of non-Rifles regiments.
I thought they just make it all up on the spur of the moment? It certainly seems that way.

you reckon anybody below rank of 2* has any actual authority?
Well, someone in my regiment decided to chin off the Army Sergeant Major direction on sleeves up or down.

Some of the greatest ever Britons have sported beards.

Harold Shipman
Peter Sutcliffe
Jeremy Beadle

There must be something to be said for them.
Jeremy Beadle only had one because he was right handed and he couldn't hold a full size razor properly

I've got what I think is a serious question, although perhaps not so much in the UK. In some parts of the world the sun can get pretty fierce in Summer, so one would think a beard would be a good protection against a sunburned face, and possible skin cancer years later.
This "gentleman" had a beard and still used a bit more protection against the fierce Aussie sun

ned kelly 56.jpg

Compared to some of the officials in power then and now, he was a gentleman. He wasn't a great scholar where armour was concerned though, or he'd have realized it needs blunt trauma padding under it. Still, many men in that era on both sides of the law wore beards. I'll willingly concede much of the reason why was down to the only way of getting a shave was to use a cutthroat razor, but protection from the sun was a big factor as well.

FFS Sort yourself out.

I make a thermos the night before, sleep in my boots, shit the bed, and I'm out of the house within 5 minutes.
Luxury! Why, when I were a lad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The above is perfectly acceptable. He looks a bit like a young James Cosmo.

The atrocity below is not.
Anyone looking like this should be thrown into a skip full of skag needles, seeing how it likes being pierced.
The fcuking bow tie alone is enough.
View attachment 332226
I work with an ex 1 SAS fell with a beard like that and hair in a ‘man-bun’, dark though as he is Maori. No one says fuck all to him.

I've got what I think is a serious question, although perhaps not so much in the UK. In some parts of the world the sun can get pretty fierce in Summer, so one would think a beard would be a good protection against a sunburned face, and possible skin cancer years later.
And a fine for being sun burnt