Beard Related Question

I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue - just tuck it down your shirt or wear a scarf.

Joining the Vikings I presume?

Is that Viking stuff sarcasm, implying that it is actually a big issue (unless I want to become an actual Viking warrior)?
Is Viking some kind of regiment, and the TA don't care about facial hair?
A mixture of the 2?

If you hadn't guessed, I don't have a great deal of experience with the army haha.
I was just planning on going to the nearest TA centre and making an appointment / enquiring about joining.

And have a shave before you go.
I assume the TA still have NBC (or whatever it is called nowadays) training? In which case, unless they've come up with something super duper since I left, you can't wear a respirator with a beard.
However, things may have changed a great deal so ignore me if I'm simply waffling.

On the basis that this isn't a wind up - beards are a no-no and the Vikings are 1st Btn Royal Anglians.

Yes I was being sarcastic - Vikings are Regulars as every fule no.

Go and see a unit by all means. Get rid of the beard if you really want to get in unless you're a Sikh. Or a lady.

On the basis that this isn't a wind up - beards are a no-no and the Vikings are 1st Btn Royal Anglians.

Yes I was being sarcastic - Vikings are Regulars as every fule no.

Go and see a unit by all means. Get rid of the beard if you really want to get in unless you're a Sikh. Or a lady.
Or want to be a pioneer ;D

My Wah-o-meter is going Full Scale Deflection........
Is the OP joining a TA Signals unit in London, if so i'm sure he will be most welcome!!!!!

Stilts

Just say you are a Sikh or a Muslim, no problem then.