Beard Related Question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Parsnip, Dec 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue - just tuck it down your shirt or wear a scarf.

Joining the Vikings I presume?
  2. Is that Viking stuff sarcasm, implying that it is actually a big issue (unless I want to become an actual Viking warrior)?
    Is Viking some kind of regiment, and the TA don't care about facial hair?
    A mixture of the 2?

If you hadn't guessed, I don't have a great deal of experience with the army haha.
    I was just planning on going to the nearest TA centre and making an appointment / enquiring about joining.
  3. And have a shave before you go.
    I assume the TA still have NBC (or whatever it is called nowadays) training? In which case, unless they've come up with something super duper since I left, you can't wear a respirator with a beard.
    However, things may have changed a great deal so ignore me if I'm simply waffling.
  4. On the basis that this isn't a wind up - beards are a no-no and the Vikings are 1st Btn Royal Anglians.

Yes I was being sarcastic - Vikings are Regulars as every fule no.

Go and see a unit by all means. Get rid of the beard if you really want to get in unless you're a Sikh. Or a lady.
  5. My Wah-o-meter is going Full Scale Deflection........
  6. Or want to be a pioneer ;D
  7. Oh :(

What about soldiers in Afghan with beards? How does that fit in?
  8. They're called The Taliban!:)
  9. Is the OP joining a TA Signals unit in London, if so i'm sure he will be most welcome!!!!!

10. Just say you are a Sikh or a Muslim, no problem then.