Bear Grylls Copcat Dead

Rannock Moor is not renown for it's edible fauna (unless you include midges) or shelter. From the article it would appear he neglected to equip himself with the two most important pieces of equipment that Bear would have had with him:

a) A support crew in 4x4s
b) A reservation at the King's House Hotel.

Bear Grylls survives by drinking his own piss as soon as the sun goes down. Every day. Whether he needs to or not.

This man obviously neglected this vital tidbit of survival information.

After the day I've had so far, this put a smile on my face. Cheers Genesis.

P

PrinceAlbert

I thought it was always pertinent to tell someone where you're going, and when you will be expected back in case something like this happens. The billy no mates mong.

Now then Mr Dead Person - which bit of the concept "survival" didn't you understand hmm?

Personally I think he was more of a male model copycat...

Rodney2q

Perhaps the more remote of the bothy/huts could have a warning sign on them, like a red plank or flag which can be raised? If someone is in one/in one and needs help.
You mean like this...

Attachments

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rannock Moor is not renown for it's edible fauna (unless you include midges) or shelter. From the article it would appear he neglected to equip himself with the two most important pieces of equipment that Bear would have had with him:

a) A support crew in 4x4s
b) A reservation at the King's House Hotel.
Mmmmmhhhhhh! Sheepshit and mashed midges, the secret of the scotch pie..........

Poor bugger's not getting much sympathy here is he?!

You know what its like in the Highlands. Not exactly chatty with some folk. One of the locals probably popped in every couple of days to see him, had no idea he was dead, for about two weeks and thought they were getting on fine.

"Ah..you're in wee laddy...you ok there? Thought I'd just drop by."
(Ten minutes of completely silent man love in the hut later.)
"Well...ah best be on ma way. Good to see ya laddy. Awful cold arrse you've got there. See you get that fire goin' and warm yer backside for next time. May see you in a couple o' days if the snow clears a while. Bye nooo."
fixed that for you

That's where he went wrong, he should have copied Bear and shit in clingfilm and used it as a hand warmer and then he wouldn't have died of hypothermia.

So he spent some money on attending survival courses then. Must have been taught by the survival instructor mentioned in the article, "I teach basic skills, firelighting, making rope from nettles etc......Could have done with him on the prone to capture course :)

There are deaths on Snowdon every year where people decide to have a go, despite extreme conditions and a complete lack of knowledge/equipment. It's almost as though there's a perceived understanding that nothing in the UK is dangerous.

Poor bugger. Suicidal or just more blindly enthusiastic than skilled? 7 Ps. Interesting point there from Aussie in the comments after the article. Perhaps the more remote of the bothy/huts could have a warning sign on them, like a red plank or flag which can be raised? If someone is in one/in one and needs help. Very remote Norwegian huts dont have this either, although same as this some are left open for anyone to use with a basic stock of supplies in them, but not a bad idea to have a warning flag. Although....if you were properly prepared bringing your own fabric panel etc would be an idea. He was a long time dead before he was found.
Shades of Chris McCandless, the young American adventurer who ended what was to become his remaining few months on Earth, housed in an abandoned bus. Sean Penn directed a film of his supposed life story in 'The Call of the Wild'. Worth a squint, if you haven't come across the lad's name before. Oh....... and please don't edit the last sentence for some smart arse reply.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HarryPalmer Ireland (ie. Irish Defence Force) 6
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 8
ordinaryforces The NAAFI Bar 129