Bear Grylls Clothing

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by doofuschap, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have put this in the NAAFI so I can get the slating I most probably deserve, MODS, if this unexpectedly turns out even half serious feel free to move it somewhere else.

Anyway I found myself on the Bear Grylls Clothing website and as everything was half price spent over £200 (thereby saving over £200 and technically not spending any money at all). So I have a couple of shirts and trousers and a decent jacket, its all really craghoppers stuff and given the little use its all got so far its comfy, and seems to pretty much do much more than promised, in short I like it.

That said am I being a cant as its all got Bear Grylls logo on it??

P.S. I feel that swear words have much more impact to them when you insert too many A's. i.e.

Caaaant
    Slaaaaag
    Faaack

Feel free to suggest more :)

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You massive beefer.

Alpkit is much better than Burger Grill's gash kit and cheaper.

3. Please buy a Bear Grylls belt and tie it round your neck as tight as possible.

• Like Like x 5
  4. I approve of this comment because I am an Alpkit fanboy and possibly on their payroll.

Hows about facking die? Not sure about the added effect though.

5. Most good gear can be found cheaper than that pish. Montane kit is spot on and so is RAB, all can be bought for a decent price if you shop around.

• Like Like x 1
  6. All the kit I got was half price, which having looked at the ALTKIT website BG was cheaper, at full price I wouldn't have bothered and you'd all have a point.

Monty: I didn't realise DIE was a swear word.

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I know you are, you're the cunt who got me addicted to their reasonably priced adventure goodness.

My wife and kid have been eating instant noodles for the past month because I spent all our money on a tent, a beach towel and some climbing gear I'll never use.

I hold you entirely responsible.

• Like Like x 3
  8. After spunking 200 beer tokens on Bears clobber I seriously hope you have plans to go and tab up a big faaack off mountain to get your monies worth.

If not, then chances are you will be joining the thousands of other beer bellied Squaddies who set off down to the local pub every evening looking like their off to conquer the North face of Mount faaacking Everest.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Badged Yes. Winged Up. Yes. Time served. NO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Hey, don't knock it! I spend a reasonable part of my downtime only looking fashionable in places like Chamonix and Garmisch :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Have been known to wander up my nearest hill, Slieve Donard, and paddle down a few of its rivers.

12. So now you're wearing head to foor Bear Grylls kit, have you started craving slug entrails, or half rotten roadkill whenever you're a bit peckish?

13. Debenhams had the down jacket on sale for £80.

It was the least gay looking bit of kit that didnt advertise Bear Gryls in big letters.

14. I own several items of Craghoppers (not at full rrp i might add), however paying over the odds just for a Bear Grylls range does'nt interest me in the slightest

It's your money, you take the choice.

15. Bear Grylls kecks are on Amazon for 20 quid anyway.