Bear 'Bluffer' Grylls gets the sack.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Bear Grylls sacked by Discovery Channel

Young Grylls has obviously had a foot stamping session and the Discovery have refused to pay for anymore expensive hotels for him to stay in whilst he pretends to his adoring public that he is roughing it.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Good. Ray Mears is far better
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Good. His show was gash.

Anyone can drink a pint of piss. Not once have I seen him drink a pint of someone elses puke. ******* gayer.
    • Like Like x 13
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You had me worried for a minute there, I thought he was no longer Chief Scout.....

..dib, dib, dib...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Agreed, Ray Mears is the Out Doors Man's Out Doors Man. His knowledge and skills are much more practicle and less sensational.
  6. "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

• Like Like x 3
  7. I'm suprised he wasn't sacked earlier for sucking off the male film crew.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

He needs to cultivate a Lofty Wiseman wild man of Borneo look - the chubby fecker looks like he's never more than 50 yards from a burger van, he for sure did not get that gut from eating termites and leaves.....
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Survivalists are on a par with TV chefs. Each has their formula for attracting viewers and promoting their public image. So Discovery have en-exed Bear's programme. Nothing new there, Simon Cowell has thrived on
    binning Cheryl Cole; viewing stats are low, sponsors are foccused on viewing figures and so that lad gets the push. Another day in feckless, vacuous tv land. He's a decent soul, he'll come through.
  10. That's going back a few Blue Peter years. Lofty was going through his John The Baptist phase which he's since recovered from.
  11. Would ill become of me?...if I said I actually like Bear Grylls!
    coming from someone who's only experience of the wilds these days is a shyte front garden.
  12. Does this mean I can't wear my Bear Grylls pants any more?
  13. That's some nails survivalism, to get better from having his head cut off and served on a silver dish.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Farmers round my way won't be happy with that advice.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. It's TV, not a training vid for some Joint Services Survival Instructors Course