Be Part Of My Documentary! *Army Veterans & Military Personnel Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Army Veterans,
My name is Hassan Ali & I am a media student in Manchester & I am currently working on a documentary that is focusing on discrimination in the army, I have a lot of respect for army veterans & am in dire need of veterans from all races & backgrounds to help me conduct some research on this topic so I thought that this place would be the best place to visit.

It is basically a google questionnaire that literally takes a 2-3 minutes to complete, all research collected will be used in the final product.

For those inquiring if this is genuine research please contact my supervisor robert.maddison@hopwood.ac.uk

I am a media student currently studying at Hopwood Hall College. if you would like to contact me directly please message me.

I just need army veterans of the army to fill out this questionnaire as research is a very important step on making a documentary. It would mean a lot if you could fill this out.
Once I have completed this documentary all those who had takes part in research, I will be in touch with & send the final product.

Here is the link to the questionnaire:
Racial Segregation Documentary: Behind Friendly Lines.
Thanks!
Hassan

Last edited:
Might be an idea to put some info about exactly what Manchester academic institution you're at, who your supervisor is, how they can be contacted as an address not a link etc. so that people can verify that this is genuine before they go clicking on unknown links.

What about the Navy, Marines or the elite RAF surely everyone has a voice?

Hello Army Veterans,
My name is Hassan Ali & I am a media student in Manchester & I am currently working on a documentary that is focusing on discrimination in the army, I have a lot of respect for army veterans & am in dire need of veterans from all races & backgrounds to help me conduct some research on this topic so I thought that this place would be the best place to visit. it is basically a google questionnaire that literally takes a 2-3 minutes to complete, all research collected will be used in the final product.
I just need army veterans of the army to fill out this questionnaire as research is a very important step on making a documentary. It would mean a lot if you could fill this out.
Once I have completed this documentary all those who had takes part in research, I will be in touch with & send the final product.
Here is the link to the questionnaire:
Racial Segregation Documentary: Behind Friendly Lines.
Thanks!
Hassan
You'll be hard pressed to find many veterans on here.
As I'll be an 'ero veteran (Possibly suffering from PTSD should I ever be arrested) in a few months, I filled out the questionnaire.
I suggest that you throw in a couple of blank lines beneath each question so people can explain their answer better, (Rather than a yes/no to an open ended question).

Might be an idea to put some info about exactly what Manchester academic institution you're at, who your supervisor is, how they can be contacted as an address not a link etc. so that people can verify that this is genuine before they go clicking on unknown links.
Indeed. Or people more cynical than I might think you're a journalist dragging up a quota of quotable quotes to be quoted out of context.

Quoth he.

It's not difficult to find. He's using his real name and college is in the first post.

I think a more interesting concept would possibly trying to find out how those from either commonwealth backgrounds or joining from insular UK communities suddenly find life within a predominantly white organisation and finding themselves having to live and work closely with others from backgrounds they may have little or no experience of previously, within a system of discipline and work ethic that they may not have been subjected too.

*the punctuation fairy seems to be on holiday today!

I'll have you know, I always ask the opinion of a Marine, when buying lingerie for the wife!
Your wife is a bit of a fatty then?

What a pile of shit. I was going to help, and went to the survey. Here's some examples:

How long did you serve in the army?

Choices are Under a Year, 1-3, 4-6, 7-10 and 11 or more. There's a big difference between someone that leaves after 12 years and 22. Or 37. But they're not accounted for separately.

Which division & army did you fight in?

What difference does it make whether you were in 1 Div or 3 Div? None at all really. If you meant "Regiment or Corps", then that makes a difference. But not what was asked. Which Army? Really? There would be a marked difference between the response for the North Korean Army and the British Army. Or the Israelis and the South Africans.

Did you see people of many races & backgrounds fighting alongside you?

First off, only a small proportion of the Army actually "fight". That would be the infantry and tanks, predominantly. "Serving" would be a better term. As for their race, no, they were all Uzbeks and didn't speak English, despite this being the British Army. What do you think?

If yes, did these people make a difference?

The people I served alongside? No. They were all wasters and I did all their work for them. NOT. What do you think? The Army has a very structured training regime and recruits all pass out with basic competency, and build from there. Or did you mean "if the people alongside you were ethnic minorities, did they make a difference?". If so, no they didn't. I couldn't give a shit whether they were black, yellow, green, white, orange or purple. Can they do their job? Are they reliable. And the answer was always yes, and never depended on their skin color or religious or ethnic background.

Fark orf and don't come back until you've done even the most rudimentary research into the organization you're asking about.

What a pile of shit. I was going to help, and went to the survey. Here's some examples:

How long did you serve in the army?

Choices are Under a Year, 1-3, 4-6, 7-10 and 11 or more. There's a big difference between someone that leaves after 12 years and 22. Or 37. But they're not accounted for separately.

Which division & army did you fight in?

What difference does it make whether you were in 1 Div or 3 Div? None at all really. If you meant "Regiment or Corps", then that makes a difference. But not what was asked. Which Army? Really? There would be a marked difference between the response for the North Korean Army and the British Army. Or the Israelis and the South Africans.

Did you see people of many races & backgrounds fighting alongside you?

First off, only a small proportion of the Army actually "fight". That would be the infantry and tanks, predominantly. "Serving" would be a better term. As for their race, no, they were all Uzbeks and didn't speak English, despite this being the British Army. What do you think?

If yes, did these people make a difference?

The people I served alongside? No. They were all wasters and I did all their work for them. NOT. What do you think? The Army has a very structured training regime and recruits all pass out with basic competency, and build from there. Or did you mean "if the people alongside you were ethnic minorities, did they make a difference?". If so, no they didn't. I couldn't give a shit whether they were black, yellow, green, white, orange or purple. Can they do their job? Are they reliable. And the answer was always yes, and never depended on their skin color or religious or ethnic background.

Fark orf and don't come back until you've done even the most rudimentary research into the organization you're asking about.
Good on yer, Roadster. :thumleft: I've found that on the cutting edge the only thing that matters is can he (or she) do the job and is he (or she) 100% reliable. All of that other civi nonsense is irrelevant.

Seconded.

(I was thrown into the most Diversely challenged bunch of misfits I'd ever met when I joined; people from Devon, people from Glasgow, people from Byker. Couldn't understand a word the brutes spoke, and the word most used was 'fûck/fook/fowk'. I was awfully abused by a Corporal, sneered at by a Sergeant and I'm still horribly offended by the lack of Compensation. The pain lives to this day).

I am a media student currently studying at Hopwood Hall College.
Ah! Media Studies. Where do you aspire to work once you've attained your degree? McDonalds, KFC or Burger King?

Will your dissertation be about whether the customer would like fries with their burger?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mate, yer questionnaire is a whopping crock of shit.

Go away, research what you're asking us about, and then come back.

Also, it reeks of an agenda.

My Regiment had a number of people from ethnic backgrounds, and they were equally as useless as those white English soldiers I served with, if that helps.

a whopping crock of shit.
You're not kidding. That's not 'research', it's primary-level BS, probably put together on a mobile phone in the pub for a bet (winner gets a half of low-alcohol shandy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads