• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Be paid to drink!

When his father couldn't find anyone to enjoy a pint with, Jack Hammond's son decided to buy one for him.

A friend, that is, not a pint.

He has put a notice in the local post office advertising for someone to accompany his elderly father to the pub twice a week.

The successful applicant will get £7 an hour plus expenses and the promise of excellent conversation with 88-year-old Mr Hammond, a retired engineer.

[align=center]……[/align]

'It's a bit difficult at this age to go out to a pub on your own,' Mr Hammond said.

'I don't want to be a nuisance. It was a bit upsetting when I had to leave as I left all my friends back home.

'I'd like to go down the pub a couple of times a week. But it's got to be with somebody who is not too bombastic and enjoys a nice pint.'

[align=center]……[/align]

Possible topics of conversation include the Second World War, in which Mr Hammond served as a radar engineer in Bombay and Kuala Lumpur, and the day-to-day trials of running a power station.

Preston North End Football Club is another big talking point.
Full story here.

So, anyone fancy going for a pint with the old soldier?