Be careful how you use the letter "Y"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Or the Thought Police might come for you, even if you did not write the offending email

"A wealthy businessman was arrested at home in front of his wife and young son over an email which council officials deemed ‘offensive’ to gipsies – but which he had not even written.

The email, concerning a planning appeal by a gipsy, included the phrase: ‘It’s the 'do as you likey' attitude that I am against.’

Council staff believed the email was offensive because ‘likey’ rhymes with the derogatory term ‘pikey’.

The 45-year-old IT boss was held in a police cell for four hours until it was established he had nothing to do with the email, which had been sent by one of his then workers, Paul Osmond.

But police had taken his DNA and later confirmed they would be holding it indefinitely.

The businessman, who has asked not to be named, was also fingerprinted in the police investigation estimated to have cost taxpayers up to £12,000."

But is is all OK because the CPS no doubt crapped themselves at the thought of this getting anywhere near a court so close to an election.
  2. So if I typed "John is Bigger than Bob" I'm must be a racist because it may rhyme with a word beginning with N? Fucking Ada! :roll:
  3. Council Staff - What a bunch of useless, leftie, yunts...
  4. Crikey!!!!! (Am I allowed to post that?)

Edit: Or should I say, can I post that without offending (as Clarkson puts it) "Those whose business is selling clothes-pegs and heather"?
  5. I believe you'll find that it's actually a word beginning with "k". Unless you mean "none". :D

6. Christ Strike Me!!!!! or CRIKEY
  7. I believe you'll find he means the word 'Bigger'. :roll:
  8. Ah! I never thought of that! Cheers. :oops:

9. I work for a Council and I don't resemble that remark! When out on a smoke break the other day, someone asked me what I'd do if certain people marched through Wooton Basset. I told them I'd staple bacon to my clothes and run through the middle of the cnuts windmilling.

Oh the joyful knowledge that a pack of piggy meat can stop them going to heaven. It must be like gold to a cyberman (for all the original Dr Who fans :) )
  10. I'm one of the most liberal minded people on here, a Guardian reading DMail hater if ever there was one, but christ on a bike, these coppers are out of control.

It's not the laws themselves, it is the power hungry lunatics that enforce them.

If, and it is a very big 'if,' what the Mail says is accurate then the CuntChiefstable of Sussex deserves to be
    thoroughly hooped over this.
  11. Indeed 'tis the Wail but does have an attibuted quote:

"Chief Inspector Heather Keating said: ‘Sussex Police have a legal duty to promote community cohesion and tackle unlawful discrimination.
    ‘We are satisfied we acted appropriately in identifying the owner of the computer used and through this, the identity of the writer of the offending line."
  12. i'mquite sure that there is more to this story than has been reported
  13. Crikey I likey my new bikey
  14. so?.... did they actually arrest the guy that wrote the 'offensive' Email..this alleged Paul Desmong or whatever?
  15. You are obviously taking the piss out of people of Chinese ethnicity. You're nicked.

So in Bliar/Clown's modern Britain some twat in a council can have you lifted for something they only THINK you wrote that only RHYMES with an offensive term?

FFS, what happens if you email 'gipsies are thieving pikey *****'? Be very afraid - it's a short step to making you wear coloured symbols on your jacket, and cattle trucks to the gulags and concentration camps.