BCDT - wot to expect

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by gilly439, Mar 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am on my BCDT course next month I was just wondering if anyone has done it and give me sum insight on what to expect, need to take or revise before i go

2. A fair knowledge of how to instruct, and of course First Aid might be a good start.

3. Don't expect much in the slightest. I have attended and passed the course. You should of passed you DIT course prior. All you do is get taught loads of MATT3 over and over. Then you have a go at teaching it. The only real fun I thought was on the final practical assessment as you get to dress up casualties with CASSIM. (Fake blood and guts). Make sure you take your webbing and helmet with you!

4. i agree the course is very easy don't worry for before you go down. do remeber beer money for emma's bar!

5. As long as your matt 3 current and dit qualified simples! Main thing is to stay awake whilst in a hungover daze. :D

6. Don't forget a crate of lager and plenty of spends, cos there is feck all on camp, and the local booze prices are a bit fecking southern!

7. Get the ferry across to Portsmouth on a tuesday theres a student bar doing pound a pint its one of them scream chain things (yellow card pub).

8. It wasn't just me then :wink:

9. piece of p1sh cse.

10. Hi

Is there a reasonably senior BCDT instructor who could help with a few questions via PM?