BBCs pro-Israel bias

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, May 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF!! I want to have a go at the BBC governors' drinks cabinet too - if there's any left
  2. Like Jeff Randall, former BBC business editor said :"It's not a conspiracy. It's visceral. They think they are on the middle ground".

Poor, sad, delusional people. Next they'll be saying they didn't try and turn a report about the elections in S. America into an attack on Bush.
  3. There you go - most people, I know, think the BBC are institutionally pro Palestinian.
  4. Frankly speaking I had the same opinion previously.
  5. It's easier to get information, and pictures from the Israelis than the Palestinians (sic). Presumably BBC reporters are as lazy as the rest of us.
  6. He blamed Bush for Marty's death.
  7. correct, every spam i have ever chatted to has stated the BBC (or any brit media for that matter) is so 'anti-american/israel' and 'pro-palastinian'
  8. Whose Marty?
  9. marty hopkirk ... he was a PI killed in a hit and run
    Jeff went on to sh@g martys wife
  10. I haven't spoken to any Spams, or indeed Israelis about the BBC. Ten seconds of Orla Guerlin usually sets the tone. I am neither pro Israel nor pro Palestine, nor indeed are the people in my circle. We just have the general feeling that the BBC is generally very Islington Dinner Perty in its views.

On the matter of the BBC being independant, at the beginning they hardly reported Prescotts little problem (apparently his daughter in law is a producer or something for them,) and yesterday lunchtime when C5,C4 and ITN led with stories about Clarke and Prescott the BBC led with their big scoop - interviewing a faded rock star who can't keep his hands off children.

I am a news junky and watch most of the news reports through the day, and the BBC news does make me wonder sometimes.
  11. There's no such thing as a pro-Israel 'bias'. But that's just my view. Israel is the one civilisation in the Middle East amongst a rash of medieval fiefdoms with more money and guns than good sense.
    There is a deep prejudice towards the Palestinian position at the BBC, though. There always has been.
  12. A pro-Israeli bias at the BBC?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!...cough!..hack!...splutter!....hahahahahaha!!.....cough!...hack!...gasp!...wheeze! please, no more, it's too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8O 8O 8O

This has to be an clever BBC plot to make the population of Israel laugh so hard they give themselves collective apoplexy :p
  13. HHAAAAAAHAAAAA :eek: :eek:

Almost split mysides when I read this thread.
    Who was this governer ?

Did he ever try stand up comedy. :eek: :eek:
  14. The BBC is anything but Pro-Israeli! The BBC having once we are told led the world in both radio and television, with fact and fiction now simply relys on utter bollocks and bleeding heart liberal crap.

The BBC constantly demands an increase in the License Fee, reason given is the cost of switching to digital broadcasting. The real reason is the insanely large salaries paid to relatively poor presenters and production teams – It is criminal and numerous governments are to blame. Re-vamping old worn out formats does not cost significant amounts of money. Living up at the British public’s expense does cost significant amounts of money. Look at the various Ministers and MPs friends and former employers if they are not lawyers raking it in due to Human Rights Cases they are BBC staff. Even I with a completely bugger sense of smell can sense the rat here!!