BBCs Newsround fed youngsters Al Qaeda propaganda

Britain's ex-spy chief, Dame Pauline Neville Jones has accused the BBC of "parroting" Al Qaeda propaganda to chidren as young as six.
This story is covered in todays Daily Mail and comments can be found on the biased-bbc blog and forum. (Sorry I dont know how to post links!)

SirThomasHolland said:
Britain's ex-spy chief, Dame Pauline Neville Jones has accused the BBC of "parroting" Al Qaeda propaganda to chidren as young as six.
This story is covered in todays Daily Mail and comments can be found on the biased-bbc blog and forum. (Sorry I dont know how to post links!)
Here's the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=484577&in_page_id=1770

Brilliant story. Here's Dame Pauline Neville "Call me M!" Jones:

Dame Pauline: Barking Mad

Not only are the kiddies being fed AQ propaganda by Auntie Beeb but they reduced the US Ambassador to tears.

"Just two days after the attacks the BBC screened an edition of the Question Time programme where they invited an anti-American audience that laid into the American ambassador, leaving him close to tears."
:x :x :x

SirThomasHolland said:
Thanks for posting the link.
I dont share Annakey's glee over the 9/11 murders or the disgraceful treatment of America's ambassador by the BBC a couple of days later.
Could you point me to where I expressed my "glee over the 9/11 murders"? Ta.

Back to the Dame. The kernel of her complaint:

She accused the flagship children's news bulletin of feeding an "ugly undercurrent" which suggests the terrorist outrage was somehow justifiable.

Newsround is aimed at viewers aged between six and 12.

On its website it answered the question concerning 9/11, "Why did they do it" by saying: "The way America has got involved in conflicts in regions like the Middle East has made some people very angry, including a group called al Qaeda - who are widely thought to have been behind the attacks."

After the public complained, the text was amended.

It now reads: "Al Qaeda is unhappy with America and other countries getting involved in places like the Middle East.

"People linked to al Qaeda have used violence to make this point in the U.S.A, and in other countries."
But did the Dame act too late? Are the kiddies who saw the original explanation now likely to blow themselves up in Tescos? :?

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
Gosh ex or serving soldier once again tries to induce mass panic amongst the military by exposing the evul BBC!!

Bring back John Craven. :x He'd never have allowed the nation's kiddies to be drip-fed AQ propaganda by long-haired BBC Marxists. :x :x :x

I think she was complaining about the ammended version saying its even worse. Both of them give the impression that it was America's fault.
As a former BBC governor herself she is expressing concerns about the culture at the BBC which many people think is biased and anti American.

Is anyone really surprised by the BBC being anti American and pro Terrorist. I mean this is the same corporation who portrayed the IRA cnuts as a bunch of misunderstood men being picked on by the HMG. :roll:

It was only a matter of time before their true colours showed again. And it isn't only newsround, does anyone remember the piece they did on the Taliban - just a bunch of misunderstood 'freedom fighters', who just happened to go around murdering innocent men and especially women if they didn't tow the party line of total subservience.

BBC = Bunch of Batty Cnuts! :twisted:

Might the Dame be persuaded to present Newsround herself? Beam images of her into every living room in Britain and our kiddies should sleep sound in their beds...

[align=center]

*Hello children! Dame Pauline here! I'm here to tell you about the evil Osama who wears a table cloth on his head and eats babies and doesn't even watch 'X-Factor' on the telly. Imagine!*[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

It would be even better if they scrapped the license fee and had to find the £3 Billion a year we pay them from somewhere else.

The BBC balances its "left"ness by arrogantly being self convinced of its rightness.

Fair enough, they have a point about Al Queda and the US Foreign Policy and all that, but they left out the most important bit, the fact that it was a terrorist attack by a terrorist group on innocent people.

annakey said:
SirThomasHolland said:
Here's the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=484577&in_page_id=1770

Brilliant story. Here's Dame Pauline Neville "Call me M!" Jones:

Dame Pauline: Barking Mad

Not only are the kiddies being fed AQ propaganda by Auntie Beeb but they reduced the US Ambassador to tears.

"Just two days after the attacks the BBC screened an edition of the Question Time programme where they invited an anti-American audience that laid into the American ambassador, leaving him close to tears."
:x :x :x
She has a face like a battered old boot.

Sorry, but I really don't see the problem here. A simple question "why did they do it" was given a simple answer, effectively "because they don't like America / the west". Any other answer would have, at best, been speculation and , at worst, propaganda in itself.

As it happens, I have a 10 year old niece who saw the report when it went up and her reaction was "but hating America doesn't make killing people right". Maybe we should give our kids more credit for seeing the truth?

spunkymonkey said:
Sorry, but I really don't see the problem here. A simple question "why did they do it" was given a simple answer, effectively "because they don't like America / the west". Any other answer would have, at best, been speculation and , at worst, propaganda in itself.

As it happens, I have a 10 year old niece who saw the report when it went up and her reaction was "but hating America doesn't make killing people right". Maybe we should give our kids more credit for seeing the truth?
Amen.