BBC5 live now, (1000 25Mar) discussion about PTSD sufferer being extradited to USA

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by theylie, Mar 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As it says, former squaddie and private security contractor being extradited to USA to stand trial for fraud
  2. Should have added his name is David McIntyre
  3. And we all live for the day when the US extradited one of their citizens to the UK. Oh, wait....
  4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

According to my Facebook feed this morning, this bloke is my mate's uncle and I'm therefore obliged to sign a petition to stop the extradition.

Having read bog all on the matter, my immediate question to the ARRSE collective would be this: Does PTSD often cause people to commit fraud against their better judgement and thus make this bloke an unfortunate victim of circumstance?
  5. That isn't what is being argued on the man's behalf, so you probably do need to click the link to read the article.
  6. No it doesn't, however as Hackle rightly says, that's not what is being argued.

He has allegedly been named as part of a plea bargain and is fighting extradition on the grounds that he appears to have a genuine PTSD diagnosis and is currently a suicide risk as a result. The PTSD doesn't appear to have anything to do with the offence which someone in the US claims he's committed and isn't considered a causal factor in that.

On another matter I'm assuming he's TA currently as he's wearing PCS in one pic of him but apparently left the army in 2002?
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Fair one - I should probably read the article.

My, these orthopaedic shoes are comfortable...