Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC4 - Wednesday, September 16th 2020 - 9 pm - Britain's Greatest Pilot: The Extraordinary Story of Captain Winkle Brown

ericferret

War Hero
Text was BBC description...
I thought so and no surprise from a trusted broadcaster and centre of excellence..

Reminds me of a story in the Tanzanian daily paper years ago, it concerned Florence "Nightangle" a nurse who tended to wounded soldiers in the second world war!!!

The BBC has a way to go before achieving the same level of excellence but they are getting there.

You mean "Wings on my Sleeve"?
I found it a good read; basically a book full of dits about doing dangerous things with aeroplanes, with some technical detail thrown in.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The book itself is excellent, the list of types in the appendix just makes my head hurt.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The book itself is excellent, the list of types in the appendix just makes my head hurt.
The one aircraft Eric Brown was denied that really riled him was the Miles M52. He was furious about that. It would almost certainly have gained the first Mach 1 record and was, through a misunderstanding, designed to go not for a mere Mach 1 but for 1000 mph, which a scale model suggested was imminently realisable. The transfer of aeronautical supremacy to the USA starts there, TSR2, Concorde, etc notwithstanding.

Latest Threads