BBC4 tonight (14 Jan)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 762baynet, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been posted already, I did have a quick look.

"No plan, no peace". 'The inside story of Iraq's decent into chaos. How the US and GB govts invaded Iraq to bring peace and democracy to a country with no history of either.'

Could be interesting. I wonder what line they will take.
  2. It is repeat but one well worth watching.
  3. Trouble is they did not invade Iraq for either of those reasons, but for oil and to try and gain a foothold in an area where they do not belong to start with.
  4. Strongly agree, well worth watching.
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thanks for your input Kev. Don't let the door hit you in the arrse on the way out.
  6. Firstly, not all military and ex-military are for this war. Secondly, I am entitled to my opinion, but is not just my opinion. Read "Price of Loyalty" by Ron Suskind. Is about Paul O'Neill's description of why this US Admin really went to war - and wasn't for peace nor democracy. BTW, Mr. O'Neill served for two years the administration's treasury secretary and has the documentation to back up what he says.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Like I said thanks, but just out of curiosity what are you doing about it? Your objections I mean. Reading books or........
  8. "Documents were being prepared by the Defence Intelligence Agency, Rumsfeld's intelligence arm, mapping Iraq's oil fields and exploration areas and listing companies that might be interested in leveraging the precious asset..." This is from page 96 and one small example.

As a non-US citizen, I am as politically active as I can be. But reading books provides knowledge that may not be available in the mainstream media.
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

12. Is a good answer if you have no refutation, mate. :wink:
  13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the heads-up....what time ( can't find it in the listings for today ?)

Only managed to catch the second part when it was shown on Beeb One a while back.

anyone who worked in theatre with a guy called Andy Bearpark might be interested to see what he has to say.....
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Oooh big word, big word, I'm shot. :roll:
  15. Is always a dictionary, mate. Cheers.