Bbc4 sandhurst programme

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by rfoley, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got this downloaded by any chance? Want to watch it again but can't seem to find it

2. Google project free tv sandhust.

3. Cheers bud

4. Ah, the Sandhurst programme, episodes one and two are good...don't bother with three...unless your dad can also get you any job in the Army you fancy, otherwise it's more than a touch depresssing!

5. Eh?

6. Lefty student bird got the **** off pill from traditional Col Blimp with a whiskey nose and ends up in R.Signals!

7. So order is maintained then?

8. Indeed, the shame of ending up in R.Sigs though!

9. Mr Harbord...remember him?

10. Yes, rather my point. The series showed him being back termed for apparently being below par. It also showed the engaging Doris not getting into a Corps she aspired to, apparently because she didn't fit. Spot the apparent pattern, namely that adroit editing in the VT suite can create heroes and villains? If that's cause to scorn the programme then fair enough, I thought it was comical but weak to try and depict the Comdt as Clarence Emsworth.

If however the assertion is that the series is depressing because it vindicates a load of prejudices in its short span then I'd say that was naïf and chippy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. How can it be chippy? It didn't show the Army in a good light and it was wrong that Mr Harbord didn't get flung out, wasn't it VM?

12. Show me his training record and I'll tell you. I'm not going to judge it based on how some civvy chose to edit an entertainment programme. Are you?

13. You don't think that it exposed a culture of nepotism at the one of our top institutions?

14. Nope. I think it made an editorial attempt to imply it.

15. Genuine question. Have you been to or passed out of Sandhurst yet?