BBC3 Wednesday "Life after War"

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by amapola, Jan 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not seen mention of this on here before - BBC3 Wednesday 2100 - Life after War: Haunted by Helmand. No idea how to do a linky
  2. Gracias CC!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Is this a "The Public/Politicians praise you, then when you return to your home, you are forgotten and ignored, especially if you are damaged" type of programme ?
  4. Was a pretty good programme, left me wondering how many more poor buggers are out there trying to handle it on their own.
  5. Anyone know where I can watch this now? I've searched, but I am no internet guru
  6. Life after war ? The strong will make it through and the weak will suffer in self pity.
  7. I dont normaly bite to this sort of tosh but I will this once. You complete and utter utter bellend.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Call that a bite ??? you need to sharpen your dentures nobcheese...
  9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

thats not how you spell erm quasar
  10. Was a good watch. I think the programme makers handled it tactfully and with a bit of compassion. A lot more interesting than the normal bollocks on bbc3.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. An interesting look at some of those who have returned.
    It might be an idea for the Rifles to follow up on one perhaps two of those featured.
    It should be compulsory viewing for those MPs on the Armed Services select committee.
  12. 'Dentures' Mr Paton21tech, not 'false teeth'! Are we dealing with a professional here; dental surgeon or dental technician? The services have both. Don't keep 'em near the front-line though.
  13. More than you think. Talking from personnal experience on both sides of the fence (working with PTSD sufferers and having relations that are suffering from) I have seen how denial is a big part of "coping".

We have more and more TA personnel coming through the doors these days. No matter what the powers that be say, a TA soldier who spends 95% of their time in the company of civilians does not have that "family" support as experienced by regular troops surrounded by people who have expereinced the same things. We hear it all the time "I don't have anyone to talk to who knows what its like".

I thought the programme was pretty well put together.