BBC3 - New Series of Our War

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
As I've said before, seeing Mike Griff crying was heartbreaking.

ACAB

LE

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

ACAB

LE
I am in the process of trying to show some of the programs to year 11 and 12 kids at the school I work. It is a great example of what is required of the modern soldier. It also throws up fantastic discussion points for youngsters as many of the people seen in all of the episodes are not much older than them, bravery, comradeship, humour, compassion, discipline, loss, injury, life changing wounds, mental illness, politics. A lot of these subject are covered already but these programs are modern and relevant to the youngsters of today. If any can give me any more compelling arguments to put to the school, post them.

As an added bonus the kids would also get to hear some top quality swear word's used in the correct context. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk meeeeeee.

The dozy bint at the BBC just announced that this episode was set at the Battle of 'A Means' (Amiens)

The dozy bint at the BBC just announced that this episode was set at the Battle of 'A Means' (Amiens)
. . . And my dog near shit herself with fright 'cuz of my reaction at hearing it!

Not a bad show, though, I thought.

More considered than most WW1 Luvvy-driven poetryfests.

Latest Threads