BBC2 Sunday 9.00 pm. The Conspiracy Files - Dr David Kelly

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by frenchperson, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Dont know

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If it does the Government will ensure spin covers anything up.
  2. As we get nearer te end of the bstard's reign, more and more things are coming unravelled. Surely he cannot smirk his way out of challenging these freshly published allegations. If we can force that, the inquiry as to why we are in Iraq should be brought forward before we send any more to Afghanistan on some fudged up issue. And he wants American missiles based here! Yes, I'm all in favour. Site the silo up his arrse.
  3. I don't normally go in for conspiracy theories but given that the Hutton Report was an utter white wash and blamed everyone else apart from the government over Kelly's death and the whole WMD issue I'll be watching this.
  4. Be interesting to see who they blame. Seem to remember one theory was Iraqi agents being run by the French. But that idea was dismissed as a distraction created by the Americans who were concerned about Kelly's knowledge of Iraqi nuclear secrets.

Does seem rather handy to blame the French.
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Here's a better ally hat theory:

The late Doctor Kelly was poised to debunk material provided by Israeli intelligence which he knew to be false, being used by both USA and our own Govt to underpin the arguments for going to war in Iraq

Mossad removed him, just like the inconvenient Dr Gerald Bull, blithely ignoring our own spooks of both denomination.

Yawn....Who's round is it?

Le Chevre
  6. If we asked them nicely, would they do John Prescott as well?
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Probably not - his mates include Lords Levy, Goldsmith and Sainsbury, already.

As an aside, does anyone know if the Noble Donor Drayson is a 4x2?
  8. Being on the other side of the planet, I would be obliged if somebody could post a 25 words or less synopsis for the programs conclusions.

Cheers in advance

9. Is this a repeat or new?
  10. This is new, and not 'another chance to see'.
  11. Thanks. I hope it answers proper questions and is not just a vehicle for anti Bliar aggravation.
  12. Oh, so you think poor Tony is getting a hard time for his decision to publically name Kelly? A man who in the end was correct in his assessments of Iraqi lack of WMD. Problem is he didn't allow for the very same spinners to influence John Scarlett with his MI6 conclusions. Still I really am pleased that Scarlett has been rewarded for his efforts. And Tony will not take any responsibility-for anything, so I shouldn't worry too much O2.
  14. nigegilb, you've jumped to conclusions there. Like 99% of ARRSE'ers I hate Bliar and his Govt. I just hope the programme does not just fuel anti Bliar feelings and nothing else. Only thing I'm worried about is watching a non event programme.