Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

BBC2 SAS Rogue Warriors

Watched both episodes and enjoyed them, even if I am usually in the same camp as @ordinaryforces .

McIntyre is a good historian and I have enjoyed reading several of his books.

He does seem to have a bit of a sad-on for Paddy Mayne. Next weeks episode should be good as Mayne has now taken over command of the SAS following Stirling's capture.

Be very careful about mocking the Special Pen Service.

They have "special access" on JPA and know where you live.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

He wrote the book of the same name, he was the first to be allowed into the SAS archives so there is detail included that isn't available everywhere else.

I enjoyed it
I suppose that to make a good program you need to please all sorts, ergo the desert wandering with Jamal driving the knackered truck
it would be nice to see all of the filmed interviews with the old and bold though

Great seeing the interviews with the originals.
Paddy Mayne wasn't the sort of bloke you would want to annoy by the sound of him, did like the pic of him in the Jeep with a Jack Russell curled up on the back of his neck.

Great seeing the interviews with the originals.
Paddy Mayne wasn't the sort of bloke you would want to annoy by the sound of him, did like the pic of him in the Jeep with a Jack Russell curled up on the back of his neck.

From memory is ferocious temper lead to his death, AIUI.

Night of heavy drinking, vehicle offroad into a ditch and he was pinned upside down, underwater. People assumed a) he'd be alright and b) if they went to help they'd get bashed. Might be complete tosh.

I used to work with his nephew and namesake.

I thought the second episode was a bit over cooking it?

Like I've previously stated I am no fan of the reporter, But his over acting does lessen the storey.

My grandad was amongst the film shown, he died in 83 I asked him how many Germans did you kill grandad, many times. I wish I hadn't.

Last edited: