BBC2 Newsnight tonight - Vaughan Smith from Sangin

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vaughans, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cheers for the heads up ;)

2. An..."Only 151 views"..... stylised bump

3. bump

4. still on bump

5. Watching it now, looks like an excellent bit of journalism. Not surprising though seen as he is ex inf himself.

Afghan Army look bloody keen to despatch the taliban to allah, good to see the positive side of the Afghan people

6. Excellent report

Toms on the ground not overly complimentary about the Apache at one point (pity)
    But sort of knocks the old sweat argument about standards and today’s ‘YOUF’
    Well done to all involved and the ‘Friendly’ journalist

7. "Better put my hat on so the missus doesn't give me grief"

Excellent

8. Fantastic footage, haven't seen video reports of this quality in a long time.

9. Typical bloody infantry, do they not realise how hard it is to pour a G&T AND fire at the same time? :)

I think you'll find that the AAC do tend to be quite careful about who they launch certain death at prior to pulling the trigger. Used to hear the same thing in NI (once they started to trust us with guns that was) and again in the Gulf (not only aimed at us but at the crabs as well). People look small and the same from the air, very difficult to tell the difference between friendlies, nasties and civvies. An understandable comment from the Infantry though, I'm sure that it does seem to be forever when you can see the AC above flying in circles.

10. Safety catch,safety,safty catch,SAFETY CATCH!!Just dont shoot me ok??

Poor bloke,then again hats off to the afghans,they were chomping at the bit to give the terries a hiding.

11. Impressive stuff.