BBC1 - Wounded, now

although the poor sods shown have been through hell, watching this makes me realise that we are not fcuked as a nation as I feared (whatever our politicos and bankers do to the contrary).

My thoughts/regards/raised glass go to all the injured, their families and the staff at Selly Oak.

The 'helmet-cam' of the RIR lad Andy when he was being treated was overwhelmingly emotional! It made me so angry yet proud of our lads.We should mallet Terry back to the f***ing stoneage!

engr172

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Boys.
I salute you.....

Schleswig-Holstein said:
although the poor sods shown have been through hell, watching this makes me realise that we are not fcuked as a nation as I feared (whatever our politicos and bankers do to the contrary).

My thoughts/regards/raised glass go to all the injured, their families and the staff at Selly Oak.
I agree - if we can still produce men like this, from some of the most deprived areas as well, then there is still hope for us.

Mrs Baiter must be cutting onions up somewhere in the house.

A lot of dust in the room tonight…

I've had both knees and a hip replaced after an accident, but I don't think I could be as upbeat as those blokes are having actually lost their legs.

After 22yrs service, it finally took this program to show me what makes a Para special, the grit & determination of this lad is incredible & credit to him & his regiment

T

Tremaine

Brings it home how the families are affected , too. Everyone in the programme's feckin inspiring and it's good to know the public are getting the stories. This is what it's like.

jarrod248 said:
'I'm a bit annoyed that I lost these limbs.....'
'I like the split hook - looks scary - will wear it for halloween...'