ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

BBC1 The Betrayed Girls

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Jul 3, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm more than glad my three grandaughters are in New Zealand...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I take it that you don't know @kiwidoug lives there.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. One hopes that once Brexit takes place and gets rid of the restrictive yooman rights laws these figures will dramatically increase.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Not going to happen.
    The HRA has the square root of fek all to do with the EU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Incorrect.

The Human Rights Act

What does the Human Rights Act actually do?

The human rights contained within this law are based on the articles of the European Convention on Human Rights. The Act ‘gives further effect’ to rights and freedoms guaranteed under the European Convention. It means:

• Judges must read and give effect to other laws in a way which is compatible with Convention rights.
    • It is unlawful for a public authority to act in a way which is incompatible with a Convention right.
    Read more about how the HRA works.

" To my shame,I allowed my liberal fear about giving succour and credence to the BNP to act as a brake on doing my job..."

• Like Like x 2
  6. The HRA is a UK law.
    The membership or not of the EU has no bearing on it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Indeed...you stated it had " feck all to do with the EU." ...it was brought in,at the behest of Mrs Blair,a human rights lawyer herself,to bring UK legislation into line with European Convention.

Therefore,quite a LOT to do with the European Union,actually.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Obviously not, I mean that week whereby you sometimes get at least a weeks warning of it, and sometimes two weeks from some ladies of my acquaintance. A very short month indeed with very few smiles or high jinks.
    The week whereby French ladies quaintly say "I'm sorry but the English are here this week."

Back to topic, watch a series entitled "Lonesome Dove", a western series set in the 19th century and see how long certain Indian tribes could keep a prisoner alive and in pure agony, a couple of weeks in some cases depending on the torture.
    Still too good for this lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just watched the video here

Disgraceful from the other side also but @Ancient_Mariner I take your point wholeheartedly.

10. Because they both have the word European in it?

The Human Rights Act is a UK law passed in 1998. It lets you defend your rights in UK courts membership of the EU or not is irrelevant.

11. I didn't know Rod Stewart had been a copper.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

You labour under the misapprehension that I have misinterpreted your initial premise :
    " the (UK) Human Rights Act has feck all to do with the EU"

Perhaps you don't truly understand the term
    "**** all"

Here,with Webster's compliments.....

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/****+all

Stop pretending the error is on my part.

You got it wrong, too bad,move on.

13. The EU and the ECHR and the European convention are not the same thing.

The EU has no bearing on the UK HRA.

If the EU dissapeared up its own fundement tomorrow the HRA would still be the law of the land in the UK.
    Please explain how this equates to the HRA having anything to do with the EU?

Actually don't bother as you are obviously of the EU = bad camp no matter what.

14. Sex pervert has been granted leave to appeal to the Court of appeal.

And yes legal aid is paying for all this.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-20/rochdale-sex-grooming-gang-ringleader-continues-to-fight-extradition/

If they boot it out (as they should) he will be free to apply to appeal the European Court, this will at the discretion of the UK courts who will weigh the chance of success. This appeal will be upon deportation.

Remains to be seen if they will hear it though.

European Court has already high ported him once when he claimed he 'was fitted up'.

United Kingdom: Court dismisses paedophile’s human rights complaint | HUMANERIGHTSEUROPE

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Nemesis44UK

Nemesis44UK LE Book Reviewer

Watched this last night and the breathtaking indifference displayed by plod and the CPS deserves sanctions at the highest level.

Systemic failures by all involved, due to an unwillingness to grasp the nettle and perhaps be accused of racism. I salute the Sara Rowbothams and others in the police force, sorry, service, who did try their hardest to stop this evil abuse, even when it ultimately cost them their jobs.

It's something else when the BNP and EDL are the ones defending the rights of the abused.

Complete lack of intestinal fortitude by authorities who's responsibility is protecting the innocent.

• Like Like x 1