ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

BBC1 The Betrayed Girls

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Jul 3, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I am watching it just now. Bloody depressing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

It bears on why a free press is so worth fighting to preserve.

People now cannot or do not want to remember just how virtually impossible a Labour govt made it to tell this story.

Sad revelation from The Times' Northern correspondent Andrew Norfolk:

" To my shame, I allowed my liberal fear about giving succour and credence to the BNP to act as a brake on doing my job...."

It took him seven years to find his conscience.....

And well said Mohammed Shafiq....but where was he earlier?

Apposite quote from DC Oliver:

And don’t believe any of this rubbish that police have learned from their mistakes. I worked on an almost identical operation in 2004, Operation Augusta, which had identified dozens of young victims and dozens of suspects. It was a virtual carbon copy of Rochdale, men of largely Pakistani heritage were abusing vulnerable white girls, in Hulme and around the Curry Mile in Rusholme. I was on that job for a year and a half. It was a huge investigation.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  4. That was a truly horrific and depressing documentary but one that had to be broadcast.

• Like Like x 3
  5. The worst things is none of it is surprising. BBC 1 news immediately after, the report into the abuse of children in Jersey.

6. I feel physically sick after that, and seriously coldly angry, not so much with the Pakistani and Bangladeshi rapists they are being true to their nature, its their diseased facilitators in the Establishment, the Police, media etc. They really do think white working class are non human.

• Like Like x 14
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

From earlier Arrse coverage of this issue...

Rotherham

Whilst 1,400 children in Rotherham were abused, the council consistently featured heavily in the TPA’s Town Hall Fat Catlists:

• Chief Executive:£158,160
    • Strategic Director of Children and Young Peoples Services:£125,530
    • Strategic Director Development Services:£125,530
    • Strategic Director of Neighbourhoods and Adults Services:£125,530
    • Strategic Director of Resources:£132,954
    Clearly some ‘matter’ more than others. Can anyone honestly say, this lot where earning their haul? Instead of trying to take kids off couples who they suspected of being Ukippers,

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Couldn't agree more. Unbelievable that it can happen in the UK and even more so that its the tip of the iceberg. Just how sick are people that they can rob a child of their childhood. That the perpetrators only received sentences up to 19 years doesn't seem enough but I suppose its the tariffs we have decided on in our justice system. Just sometimes I think there's a case for handing over the guilty to the mob.

And after that the news kicks off with child abuse in Jersey. Jersey for criven's sake its effing tiny. How could that be hidden for so long and to think it was so bad that the home concerned is to be demolished and the police are looking around for bodies. Failure on a massive scale.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ... just watched the broadcast and truly shocking / depressing it was .... DC Oliver resigned and the NSPCC lady who was almost in tears in front of a Parliamentary Committee arguing the case for these young girls was made redundant ... some others involved doubtless went on to higher things .

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Deliberate scale, lets be honest.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Indeed. I believe that's institutional failure, people refusing to investigate, looking the wrong way, looking the wrong way intentionally, a load of PC bull and people who just wanted the problem to go away for whatever reason; ignorance or active acknowledgement.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shame they have run out of credible old white B list celebrities to suddenly bust to seize the headlines for a few months and distract the herd, like with what happened when Rotherham became too big to ignore.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I'm sure Lily Allen will be along shortly to apologise to all grooming gangs on our behalf.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Agreed, it's remarkable that nobody has been done for misfeasance or similar public office offences

• Like Like x 3
  15. I don't advocate the death penalty for various reasons and I firmly believe we have the attitude and outlook of our citizens that our society breeds, therefore we need to have a penal system that assists and rehabilitates those that cross lines. Child abuse is completely abhorrent to any reasonable person and as that is always going to be very emotive in peoples mind so it makes it even more important that any punishment must be measured and not state sponsored revenge.

Throw them in a room full of mothers.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1