• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BBC1 Survivor?

ugly

LE
Sunday evening, a few familiar faces and a few new ones, anyone see it.
If that did happen I would like to think that I am prepared! :roll:

Not once did I see someone in that programme say 'here, brufen and tubigrip. Man up.' What the hell happened to the British stiff upper lip, eh?

I'd like to think if that happened someone down here would have the commonsense to stop air and sea movements... but commonsense and our gubmint don't go together.

In fact, Ugly - knowing you have a rather extensive collection of bundooks, perhaps it's a good idea if i bought you a pint or two, in exchange for a cannon when Armageddon appears....!

On a serious note, I thought it was a good bit of telly. Well acted, well shot, and a good product placement for Solihull.. IE the only survivor with a clue drives a 2007 double-cab Defender!

Soddin programme. This morning is one the open flu immunisation days we run here. Everyone has seen the programme !!! Done 123 inj since 0900. Thanks BBC.

As for the rpogramme, I love the idea that the military will be called out as if they are immune to everything. hahahahahah

I actually enjoyed it, though I did find it odd that the girl from Doctor Who who had her face blazoned on the front of the television guide died at the beginning.

I remember (though not from the time) the original Survivors from the 70's. It went on for longer and later series focused more on the hapless remnant's of humanities efforts for survival rather than individuals sap stories (one is evil and had lots of money, for novelty value!) The re-introduction of law and order (to a degree), bartering, attempts at hydroelectricity and railway systems and some chaps coming on over from Norway.

What would be your order of looting?

1. Nearest Landy dealer for a 110
2. B&Q for tools and Jerry Cans
3. Petrol Station for fuel
4. Gun shop
5. Food & single malt
6. Search for a stunning bird to reproduce with
7. Find a nice big mansion/castle to rule my new kingdom

Any additions...

ugly

LE
I think I'd be able to get by at home barring a few forays for fuel, genny etc. I have enough ammo to sort out any security issues and 2 x 4 wds helps.
I think I may be accelerating the plan to install a rayburn though!
that said I know plenty of farms where I will be able to move in subject to current occupants being dead and therefore be very happy!

Galileo82 said:

4. Gun shop
5. Food & single malt

Any additions...

I would do all of the above, then break in to the nearest military establishment and stock up with kit, weapons,ammo, compo,genny etc. Then load up a 4 tonner and head off to a farm in the country and make my base there. Plus the most important thing, a water purifying kit.

Murphy_Slaw said:
Galileo82 said:

4. Gun shop
5. Food & single malt

Any additions...

I would do all of the above, then break in to the nearest military establishment and stock up with kit, weapons,ammo, compo,genny etc. Then load up a 4 tonner and head off to a farm in the country and make my base there. Plus the most important thing, a water purifying kit.
Edit because i didn't rtfq.

Galileo82 said:

4. Gun shop
5. Food & single malt

Any additions...
I would do option 4 the gun shop first, then I can take what I want at pleasure.

Galileo82 said:

4. Gun shop
5. Food & single malt

Any additions...
Lifetime supply of soft toilet paper?

I watched the original series on DVD recently. Very bleak. It was made in the 70s.

Things were different then. Labour were in power. They economy was stuffed. Government borrowing was at record levels. Unemployment was on the rise and the Chancellor promised to 'tax the rich until the pips squeak'. Different times ... err ...

The main characters in the new series have the same names as those in the old series. (Both series are based on Terry Nation's novel. Greg, last night's black guy in a Land Rover, was a white guy who arrived in a balloon from Norway.

Be interesting to see whether the new series goes down the 28 Days Later road as there was a rabies outbreak in the original series. Lots of RADA luvvies looking like King Lear sucking a steradent.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
snozzer said:
Galileo82 said:

4. Gun shop
5. Food & single malt

Any additions...
I would do option 4 the gun shop first, then I can take what I want at pleasure.
#

Agree. Option 4 first, then able to find a lot of applicants to audition for option 6.

Latest Threads