BBC1 "Iraq 2003-2009"

BBC News have announced that El Gordo and Blair are both going to this; how they will have the nerve to show their faces is beyond me.

But to be fair if they DIDN'T show up to face the families, they'd be slated for that too!

There were 4 or 5 blokes, presumably from Wimbish, on my train in from Audley End this morning; all looking very smart and well turned out, a credit to their Corps.

spike7451 said:
Apologies if done.

On BBC1 at 1000Hrs 09/10/09:
The Queen leads a service of commemoration at St Pauls to mark the end of the Iraq War & honour the sacrifices of those who died.
its not on BBC1...some crap about buying houses!!

The RAF Sqn Ldr reservist nurse who the BBC are interviewing at the moment looks a sack of shite, 3 gongs (Telic, QGJM and some reservist thing) and all the ribbons are different lengths! Shes talking about some where called Shriba! wheres that?

good to see Phillip having a laugh with the church type bloke in the entrance!! would love to know what he was saying!

Just watching it ... how Blair and Brown have the audacity to show their squaddie murdering faces is beyond me. Hypocritical, lying b*stards.

Filbert Fox said:
The RAF Sqn Ldr reservist nurse who the BBC are interviewing at the moment looks a sack of shite, 3 gongs (Telic, QGJM and some reservist thing) and all the ribbons are different lengths! Shes talking about some where called Shriba! wheres that?
Agreed. A few of us here are busy slating her for the shoddy turnout. Typical that the person they interview on national TV is in shite state.

Was good to watch this. Don't fully understand why Hoon or Blair were there. Good speech from the Archbishop of Canterbury. In a roundabout way he was having a pop at Blair, I felt.

Whoever arranged the seating managed to tuck General Dannat well out of the way - hidden about six rows back - whilst others, noted for their silence, were in clear view!
Otherwise a very good service and well done that man Canterbury for having a pop at Bliar!