BBC1 - Casualty - 9 Sep 07

Discussion in 'RLC' started by toady, Sep 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was it just me or did the Bomb Disposal team on tonight's Casualty appear to have the wrong headdress?

Pass me my Telegraph.

2. and what headdress was it...?!
  3. (Grimacing for a probable Waah)

Not RLC?!
  4. Sad I know but I thought the same thing.
  5. was it RE?
  6. Just looked again, seems to be RN team - so not 100% inaccurate.

If I could work out how to post a piccy...

Attached Files:

7. Don't want to burst your bubble Toady, but the ATO Team from casualty are just extra's that sourced their kit from a Army/Navy store!
    They can't be real Navy, as they look well turned out!
  8. And in that piccy he's wearing his watch the wrong way round.... :D
  9. M_M_S,

But that's a kosher WB! I seem to recall they're not particularly cheap, plus the Bomb truck appeared to be correct.

Fair point about the standard of dress - the Officer (Lt RN) was also particularly well turned out.

What on earth is the No 2/Operator doing allowing Charley to go in front of the WB though? Then again, he'd make quite a good backstop.
  10. Didn't you know? The BBC strive to be as accurate in their dramas as they are in their news reports.
  11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Most of the disposal teams deployed in the SW are normally RN. Well on the odd occasion I've seen them they have been RN teams so maybe the BBC did get it nearly right :?
  12. Well, the extreme SW anyway (Cornwall etc), but as Casualty / Holby City is meant to be set in the fictional equivalent of Bristol, the nearest EOD teams are in Tidworth and Ashchurch and are RLC teams rather than Navy.
  13. I'm more concerned that you've just confessed to watching Casualty! 8O :D
  14. Yes, you bunch of ammo tech gayers, Casualty is for the laayyydeeezz, Eastenders with double Corrie is for the fellas :D
  15. Hello,

this is clearly not a Royal Navy team.
    Look closely at the picture.
    There is not an iPod in sight.