BBC1 - Casualty - 9 Sep 07

Was it just me or did the Bomb Disposal team on tonight's Casualty appear to have the wrong headdress?

Pass me my Telegraph.

:x

luke

War Hero
and what headdress was it...?!

toady said:
Was it just me or did the Bomb Disposal team on tonight's Casualty appear to have the wrong headdress?

Pass me my Telegraph.

Sad I know but I thought the same thing.

luke

War Hero
was it RE?

Don't want to burst your bubble Toady, but the ATO Team from casualty are just extra's that sourced their kit from a Army/Navy store!
They can't be real Navy, as they look well turned out!

And in that piccy he's wearing his watch the wrong way round.... :D

M_M_S,

But that's a kosher WB! I seem to recall they're not particularly cheap, plus the Bomb truck appeared to be correct.

Fair point about the standard of dress - the Officer (Lt RN) was also particularly well turned out.

What on earth is the No 2/Operator doing allowing Charley to go in front of the WB though? Then again, he'd make quite a good backstop.

Didn't you know? The BBC strive to be as accurate in their dramas as they are in their news reports.

Ex_ex said:
Didn't you know? The BBC strive to be as accurate in their dramas as they are in their news reports.
Most of the disposal teams deployed in the SW are normally RN. Well on the odd occasion I've seen them they have been RN teams so maybe the BBC did get it nearly right :?

elovabloke said:
Most of the disposal teams deployed in the SW are normally RN. Well on the odd occasion I've seen them they have been RN teams so maybe the BBC did get it nearly right :?
Well, the extreme SW anyway (Cornwall etc), but as Casualty / Holby City is meant to be set in the fictional equivalent of Bristol, the nearest EOD teams are in Tidworth and Ashchurch and are RLC teams rather than Navy.

Yes, you bunch of ammo tech gayers, Casualty is for the laayyydeeezz, Eastenders with double Corrie is for the fellas :D

Hello,

this is clearly not a Royal Navy team.
Look closely at the picture.
There is not an iPod in sight.

tangosix.

tangosix said:
Hello,

this is clearly not a Royal Navy team.
Look closely at the picture.
There is not an iPod in sight.

tangosix.
Could be Navy, I'm sure I can see a white flag hanging out of his pocket in case any local kebab van owners start looking at him funny.

DozyBint said:
toady said:

Pass me my Telegraph.

I'm more concerned that you've just confessed to watching Casualty! 8O :D
:oops: The wife was watching it - I just happened to be in the room....

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it DB.

As for double coronation street or East Enders as was suggested later - that would interfere with the rather worse German soaps my DCOS insists are on. I tend not to be in the room when they're on though. Now if I could get her hooked on Hollyoaks...

:)

{edit - biff grammar}

Bomb_Doctor said:
There is no such thing as a Navy ATO.
No offence intended. You're right of course but I was using the term generically for the sake of this forum. For EOD and IEDD purposes, the RN's equivalent of the ATO is the MCDO (Minewarfare & Clearance Diving Officer) but not many in the RLC would know what that meant. MCDOs (and Clearance Diver senior rates) undertake JS EOD and IEDD training during their year-long qualification. As an ex-MCD myself, I was trained at DEODS, Chattenden in RAOC days and received my 'Honourable Disposaleer Certificate' at the end. I also underwent IEDD re-licensing while serving in appropriate billets.

For recent news of RN EOD activities, take a look at the 'Latest News' page and 'News Archives' of the MCDOA website. [Whisper]We even have an afiliation with the RE BDOs' Assn.[/Whisper].